Former Sox hurler Guerrier

Rex Hudler

Matt Guerrier is finally healthy and finding what he had with Birmingham and Charlotte a couple years ago. He should be 3-0, but highly regarded prospect Jesse Crain has blown two leads for him. Don't be surpised to see him pitching against the Sox this year for Minny. Zero walks on the season so far!

PITCHERS W-L ERA G GS CG SH0 GF SV IP H AB BF R ER HR SH SF HB BB IB SO WP BK AVG OH 1H 2H 3H

Guerrier,Matt 1-0 1.59 3 3 0 0 0 0 17.0 11 60 61 3 3 1 0 0 1 0 0 11 0 0 .183 0 0 0

It turned out to be a good trade for the Sox regardless of what Matt does in the future. I just think a lot of people have written him off, and I wouldn't do that just yet. He throws strikes with 4 pitches and has one of the nastiest sliders I have ever seen. He is just not real overpowering with the fastball.

How old is he?

My magazine says he is 24, but it seems to me that the White Sox would not have traded a 22 year old 18 game winner for Marte who was not highly touted at the time.

They did.... Keep in mind at the time, the Sox had a line of pitchers they thought were close to ready for the Majors, including but not limited to Jon Rauch, Danny Wright, Corwin Malone. I am sure there were others as well. Guerrier was always a very good pitcher, but the year he won 18 was his first as a starter. They got Marte and Ruddy Yan in the trade for him. I just don't think the Sox felt they had a spot for him, so even if he ends up doing well, I think it was a very good trade for the Sox.

They did....    Keep in mind at the time, the Sox had a line of pitchers they thought were close to ready for the Majors, including but not limited to Jon Rauch, Danny Wright, Corwin Malone.  I am sure there were others as well.  Guerrier was always a very good pitcher, but the year he won 18 was his first as a starter.  They got Marte and Ruddy Yan in the trade for him.  I just don't think the Sox felt they had a spot for him, so even if he ends up doing well, I think it was a very good trade for the Sox.

you can add to it they had a young Mark Beurhle, Jon Garland, Kip Wells and Josh Fogg. We had a ton of piotching prospects, so it made Geurrier somewhat expendable. And as it turned out we did pretty well with Marte and Yan

you can add to it they had a young Mark Beurhle, Jon Garland, Kip Wells and Josh Fogg. We had a ton of piotching prospects, so it made Geurrier somewhat expendable. And as it turned out we did pretty well with Marte and Yan

Kip Wells and Josh Fogg had already been traded.

They did....    Keep in mind at the time, the Sox had a line of pitchers they thought were close to ready for the Majors, including but not limited to Jon Rauch, Danny Wright, Corwin Malone.  I am sure there were others as well.  Guerrier was always a very good pitcher, but the year he won 18 was his first as a starter.  They got Marte and Ruddy Yan in the trade for him.  I just don't think the Sox felt they had a spot for him, so even if he ends up doing well, I think it was a very good trade for the Sox.

When the Sox made that trade, I absolutely crapped my pants and wrote an article calling Williams an idiot (and we all know I'm a Williams backer, lol). But he proved me wrong.

The problem I had with the deal was that Marte was going to be placed on waivers so I didn't think the Sox had to give up an 18 game winner for him.