Lineup/Pitching

whitesox247

omg lmao.. sorry i have to comment here... hey heather.. are you aware you have a yard gnome on your avaitor????? i see hes in his usual position ..... looking skyward and wondering where the ball will drop........lmao..... sorry i just couldnt resist when i saw it.......... :D

Maybe there is a streamer on a plane and it says "Hey Carlos....this is Heather....will you marry me?" :D

Guest hotsoxchick1

omg i remember that game.. and then the very next day who but my little magglio loses the ball in the lights.........i felt like complete s*** because i was bashing so hard on yard gnome that i couldnt stand it when someone said the same about my little magglio.............but we came home after that game and the yard gnome did the exact same thing during a day game just stood there watching the ball come down and it landed about 2 steps in front of him he just stood there with his glove turned outward like the ball was going to just land in it cause he held it like that.........what a dumbass........ :headbang

HSC....did the ball Maggs lose in the lights leave the park? There's a big difference between losing the ball in the lights and having it land in fair territory than thinking you are under it, losing it in the lights, and then watching it land in the stands 5 rows back. If something like that ever happens again...you don't take any s*** at all.

I also read once upon a time, like last offseason that the Twins were going to get a new ballpark....one comparable to Ebbetts field. I wonder whatever happened to that....they could have all the astroturf they wanted....hell, they could use astroturf as hair for all I care...just get rid of those damn lights and that damn white roof....it just pisses the hell out of me.

Guest hotsoxchick1

yeah maggs lost it and it went into the rows behind him.. but the thing of it was he was running twards the infield at the time lookin up as if he were going to catch it...thats why i took s*** about it lol........yeah i remember reading somewhere that the twinkies were to get a new stadium too.. wonder if thats going to happen or are they going to get contracted or what.. also did that guy from alabama ever buy them or what? i dont recall hearing anymore about that either.......i know im behind the news a bit here huh.....lol.......anyhow im with ya on this one.. astroturf anything but get rid of that white roof and those stupid lights... they should paint that roof black or dark blue or something to make it more fair dont ya think..........

yeah maggs lost it and it went into the rows behind him.. but the thing of it was he was running twards the infield at the time lookin up as if he were going to catch it...thats why i took s*** about it lol........yeah i remember reading somewhere that the twinkies were to get a new stadium too.. wonder if thats going to happen or are they going to get contracted or what.. also did that guy from alabama ever buy them or what? i dont recall hearing anymore about that either.......i know im behind the news a bit here huh.....lol.......anyhow im with ya on this one.. astroturf anything but get rid of that white roof and those stupid lights... they should paint that roof black or dark blue or something to make it more fair dont ya think..........

I think they should just break out Charlie O. Finley's orange baseballs for games in the Baggie Dome.

I think that the lefty-righty matchup strategy is way overrated.  Lee hit righties almost as well as lefties last year, and over the last 3 years, he actually has a higher SLG and OPS against righties:

vs. Left .286 .358 .431 .789

vs. Right .277 .337 .490 .827

Read what I said.... They do great against they lesser RHP's.... but those tough righties get them. It happens over and over again. It did in '00, 01 & 02. We need some LH pop in our lineup.

astroturf..white roof...dont even mention the homer hankys :angry:

I agree with WhiteSox247's take on Rowand: people just give him a chance! Now i may get yelled at for putting him in the 9 spot in my lineup predictions, but I think he isn't the type of guy to be stealing bases. He is a very good hitter, and the only reason in the 9 hole is because everyone in the lineup are amaing hitters as well. If you gave Rowand to any other team, he'd be in the 6 or 7 hole. The fact that we have one of the best offenses in baseball is the only reason that he is further back in the lineup. Sorry if I offended anyone who believes Rowand should be in the 2 spot.

I agree with WhiteSox247's take on Rowand: people just give him a chance! Now i may get yelled at for putting him in the 9 spot in my lineup predictions, but I think he isn't the type of guy to be stealing bases. He is a very good hitter, and the only reason in the 9 hole is because everyone in the lineup are amaing hitters as well. If you gave Rowand to any other team, he'd be in the 6 or 7 hole. The fact that we have one of the best offenses in baseball is the only reason that he is further back in the lineup. Sorry if I offended anyone who believes Rowand should be in the 2 spot.

3035...let me tell you one thing....don't worry about offending anyone here for 2 reasons.

1- We're all thick-skinned....we are used to being offended as a fan base(by the Trib)

2- If we are offended, we will probably start cussing at each other...for example, f*** you might be said....stuff like that.

We're all smart...if someone offends us, we'll have some witty comeback