The Juan Uribe naysayers:

CSF

Simply not true.    Unless one thinks May games against the Yankees are "big".

What was his record against the Indians in 2000 and 2001?

I remember him blowing a game in Minnesota in 2001 simply because rangeless wonder Konerko failed to field 2 infield bouncers in the 9th...He ended up with 42 saves in 45 chances and a low ERA and whip.

In 2002 he was Kennified, in exile basically. Still had a pretty damn good season.

He was again stellar with Oakland, made an All-Star game.

No, he wasn't Gagne, Wagner or Rivera, but he was one of the TOP 5 closers in baseball in the last 4 years.    Boston couldn't be happier with him right now.

I can't sit here and remember specific games. So I'll have to admit my opinion is based on a general impression I got while wathing Foulke pitch over the years. He did blow key games angainst the Twins. He blew a save in the 2000 playoffs and iirc, he blew one for the A's in last years playoffs. I also recall a time when we were having a horrendous west coast trip and we were badly in need of a win, when Seattle got to him and beat us. But, as I said, this is all distant memory and a general impression of things.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic