CBS Sportsline

Soxfest

Has JM ranked 24th out of 30 in manager section, Can't say I do not agree. As for SOX they are picked 2nd and I quote " White Sox are NOT as close to Twins as they think they are."

1 good year from MINN and it is a lovefest, If Minn is .500 or under by July we will see how many stick with them, my guess is they will be Sox bandwagon jumpers.

Has JM ranked 24th out of 30 in manager section, Can't say I do not agree. As for SOX they are picked 2nd and I quote " White Sox are NOT as close to Twins as they think they are."

1 good year from MINN and it is a lovefest, If Minn is .500 or under by July we will see how many stick with them, my guess is they will be Sox bandwagon jumpers.

I agree on all counts....except JM as 24th out of 30. He's higher than that....he has won in the past. I see him atleast in the top 2/3rds....nothing big....but he's better than 24th.

I agree on all counts....except JM as 24th out of 30.  He's higher than that....he has won in the past.  I see him atleast in the top 2/3rds....nothing big....but he's better than 24th.

If I'm not mistaking, the 6 managers ranked below JM are all making their managerial debuts in 2003. That's pretty bad.

I agree on all counts....except JM as 24th out of 30.  He's higher than that....he has won in the past.  I see him atleast in the top 2/3rds....nothing big....but he's better than 24th.

If I'm not mistaking, the 6 managers ranked below JM are all making their managerial debuts in 2003. That's pretty bad.

Ned Yost, Ed Wedge, Bob Melvin, Ken Macha, and Alan Trammel.

That goes from 26-30....and I'll include Carlos Tosca/Tony Pena in there.

What they're telling me is that Tosca or Pena is better than Manuel? They're telling me Bowa is better than Manuel? Jeff Torborg? Clint Hurdle? Bruce Bochy? Lloyd McClendon? Some you could make a case for....but for cryin' out loud....that's bulls***. Those guy's career winning % as manager combined is like .450 at best....and probably lower.

Manuel isn't the greatest manager in the world....but he's a s*** load better than 24 out of 30.

I agree on all counts....except JM as 24th out of 30.  He's higher than that....he has won in the past.  I see him atleast in the top 2/3rds....nothing big....but he's better than 24th.

Jerry Manuel is an awful manager.

Not if he quits tinkering!

He's managed a 90+ win team.

How many of the above that I mentioned above have done this same feat? The only one that has probably done it is Torborg. And Torborg is worse....atleast Manuel doesn't push his pitchers the way Torborg has done.

As I said....he's not a great manager...hell, he's not even a good manager...but he is much better than 24th out of 30.

CBS has their heads up their asses.

I agree 100%..... but I don't think he belongs as low as CBS has ranked him. He needs to stop the damn tinkering. He also needs to stop relying on the bullpen as much as he does. Too many times he takes a pitcher out when he should keep him in..... IMHO..... and keeps a pitcher in when he should take him out..... again, IMHO. Not to mention, he needs a bit more fire and needs to stand up for his guys more often than he does.