Peyton Manning

A.J.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was waiting for that....If Peyton never had to let up; he'd have well over 60 right now....I'm sure Marino never did anything like that in '84. :rolly

Why is it you don't like Peyton?  Did he take your lunch money back in the day or something; you bash anything he does.

Marino never had five illegal contact penalties called for him on one drive. Manning is good, but he's overrated. He's never won s***. Even when he was at Tennesse he couldn't beat Florida once and then Tee Martin came in the next year and won the national title.

Regardless.....  Even if everyone really would kneel it. It would be for good publicity. Peyton is as old school as you can get. I can't really say someone in the same situation would be as "sincere" as Peyton is.

Wow, this is unbelievable.

The coach tells you when to take a knee. You act like Manning made this decision on his own. :rolly

Why anyone would ever think that is beyond me. :huh:

Spiff,

Do you want to deal with facts?

Fact: Manning took a knee.

Fact: Vick, Culpepper, Pennington ect. have not been in the position to take a knee.

so quit assuming they would because it's good "sportsmanship".

Manning did proved he has class. The other guys are still unproven.

Manning could have had the record 2 weeks ago. Don't forget how many times they took him out early in the game.

Fact: Vick, Culpepper, Pennington ect.  have not been in the position to take a knee.

Manning could have had the record 2 weeks ago. Don't forget how many times they took him out early in the game.

I hope you quoted the wrong person...I'm a Colts fan.

The coach tells you when to take a knee.  You act like Manning made this decision on his own. :rolly

I bet he had a huge say. If you think otherwise you know nothing about football.

The coach tells you when to take a knee.  You act like Manning made this decision on his own. :rolly

Well I have a few ideas why but I'm prolly better off not articulating them.

Spiff,

Fact: Vick, Culpepper, Pennington ect.  have not been in the position to take a knee.

Hmm, I seem to remember, Jets up 37-14, 1st down at the Seattle 9 yard line. Pennington takes a knee, game over. Where is the PENNINGTON IS A CLASS ACT thread??

There's your facts, you putz, now please give it a rest.

Umm, since when is Manning the head coach?

so I guess I am just imagining things when Peyton changes plays on his own constantly. Neither of us are 100% sure who the coaching staff let make the call.My feeling is they left it up to Peyton in that situation. Lets's just agree to disagree.

Spiff,

This is bad, but in comparison to your basketball thoughts, this is pure genius.

Hmm, I seem to remember, Jets up 37-14, 1st down at the Seattle 9 yard line.  Pennington takes a knee, game over.  Where is the PENNINGTON IS A CLASS ACT thread??

There's your facts, you putz, now please give it a rest.

Putz? ( Some people really grow a big pair behind a computer screen, huh?)

Did I hurt someones wittle feelings talking about chad pennington?

Bad example dude, 37-14 knee is way different then breaking a record at home on national TV.

Chad will never be in the situation Manning was today. End of discussion.

Putz? ( Some people really grow a big pair behind a computer screen, huh?)

Did I hurt someones wittle feelings talking about chad pennington?

Bad example dude, 37-14 knee is way different then breaking a record at home on national TV.

Chad will never be in the situation Manning was today. End of discussion.

End of discussion? Why would Peyton (or anyone) care more about a record than winning the game? Don't you play to win the games? Any NFL quarterback kneels in that situation, or they hear it from their teammates and coaches. Every single one of them. That's the end of the discussion.

head, Im just sick of spiffs assumptions. I dont understand why that is so f***en hard to understand.

As opposed to your assumptions that there's a quarterback out there who would have passed? Yours are more egregious than mine, considering history and truth are on my side.

End of discussion? Why would Peyton (or anyone) care more about a record than winning the game?  Don't you play to win the games?  Any NFL quarterback kneels in that situation, or they hear it from their teammates and coaches.  Every single one of them.  That's the end of the discussion.

You would think players play to WIN games. How many times do we see penalties for out of control behavior? Celebrating , uncotrolled emotions. Remember Dwayne Rudd? Im sure every brown player/fan will tell you he worries about wins 1st. Sportsmanship is not what it used to be spiff. From what I seen from Chad P. Brady, Vick, I would say they would knee it. But in this league who knows.

At least he doesn't go around calling his kicker a drunk or choke every year in the playoffs like some people...oh wait.

:lolhitting

That's one of the reasons why I looove Peyton Manning. Vanderjagt should have never gone on Canadian television and bashed the Colts. He got what he deserved...a severe tongue lashing. It was beautiful.

Choking every year in the playoffs? Teams win, not individuals. ;)