Peyton Manning

A.J.

As opposed to your assumptions that there's a quarterback out there who would have passed?  Yours are more egregious than mine, considering history and truth are on my side.

History in who? This new crop of qbs have no history. You can not link vick and co. to examples set by Unitas, marino, montana.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Manning is overrated based on the fact that he has insane pieces. He is one of the best QBs in the game. The fact that he has 3 quality WRs and the leading rusher in the league makes it easier for him to do well. Any stud QB who can lay in a pass to a WR down field could have this many TD passes. Manning doesn't even take hits either. Hell, the only way to defend Manning, imo, is to get a couple late hits/personal fouls and hope to rattle him one way or another.

Manning is overrated based on the fact that he has insane pieces. He is one of the best QBs in the game. The fact that he has 3 quality WRs and the leading rusher in the league makes it easier for him to do well. Any stud QB who can lay in a pass to a WR down field could have this many TD passes. Manning doesn't even take hits either. Hell, the only way to defend Manning, imo, is to get a couple late hits/personal fouls and hope to rattle him one way or another.

Still though, plenty of legendary quarterbacks have been surrounded by insane pieces.

My Top 10 of all time, in no particular order:

Otto Graham

Johnny Unitas

Roger Staubach

Fran Tarkenton

Joe Montana

Dan Marino

John Elway

Steve Young

Brett Favre

Peyton Manning

Joe Namath threw for 173 TDs and 220 INTs, so I hope that nobody takes offense to his absence from this list. :D

I also feel that Terry Bradshaw is not a Top 10 QB. Well, not any more with Favre and Manning stepping into the Top 10, anyway.

Go here for fascinating research on quarterbacks:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/qbindex.htm

Manning with 213 TDs and 119 INTs. :o

With all of Elway's INTs, McNabb could pass him on that list in 10 years.

McNabb has the potential to go down as a Top 10 or Top 15 QB. I'd probably just substitute him for Otto Graham, though. Elway's spot in the Top 10 is sealed as far as I'm concerned. More 4th quarter comebacks that any other quarterback in history, IIRC. And he didn't have a bunch of pro bowl caliber players surrounding him on offense like Joe Montana, Steve Young, Peyton Manning, etc. When I think of what Elway had to work with on offense from 85 to 95...I can't think of one skill position player who was at least pro bowl caliber. The receivers were always good, but nothing special.

I have nothing but respect for Manning also, but now I gotta root hard against him as he faces my SUPER CHARGERS!

I think he'll tie the record but not break it Sunday. Chargers D is underrated.

I don't know if your pass defense will compare to what Baltimore was throwing at him all night. I think Peyton gets to 50 next Sunday, we'll see.