Barons Now 2-0

Rex Hudler

Birmingham went 2-0 beating Greenville 3-2 Friday night. Cotts gave up 2 hits in 5 innings, but walked 4 and struck out 6. Yofu gets the save with 1 2/3 innings of scoreless relief. Bikowski went 2-3 with 2 RBI. Josh Shaffer had 2 errors.

Birmingham went 2-0 beating Greenville 3-2 Friday night.  Cotts gave up 2 hits in 5 innings, but walked 4 and struck out 6.  Yofu gets the save with 1 2/3 innings of scoreless relief.  Bikowski went 2-3 with 2 RBI.  Josh Shaffer had 2 errors.

oh yeah, didn't he beat adam wainwright or something like that?

Birmingham went 2-0 beating Greenville 3-2 Friday night.  Cotts gave up 2 hits in 5 innings, but walked 4 and struck out 6.  Yofu gets the save with 1 2/3 innings of scoreless relief.  Bikowski went 2-3 with 2 RBI.  Josh Shaffer had 2 errors.

Yep, sure did.

Birmingham went 2-0 beating Greenville 3-2 Friday night.  Cotts gave up 2 hits in 5 innings, but walked 4 and struck out 6.  Yofu gets the save with 1 2/3 innings of scoreless relief.  Bikowski went 2-3 with 2 RBI.  Josh Shaffer had 2 errors.

Yep, sure did.

how good would you say was both performance, considering that adam is what, the top pitching prospect for atl.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Hey Rex, how did Yofu look?

Also, are you going to make daily contributions about the Barons' games?  Hope so.

thats what i was wondering too... how did yofu look..... he was hyped pretty good too wasnt he.............thanks for the update there rex i have been pretty busy with my sox and kinda left the barons to the way side a bit...........

Not sure about daily posts, but I'll be around from time to time...

They are playing on the road in Greenville so all I am getting is what I hear on the radio broadcast which is bits here and bits there.

Interesting story on Yofu (as told by barons radio announcer):

Yofu dominated the Tawain League two years ago, leading that circuit in K's. He signed with the Daiei (sp?) Hawks in the Japanese Major Leagues. Before the season started he had a back injury and ended up pitching for one of their Minor League clubs. He had a good year for them, but never got called up to the Major League Hawks.

One of his teammates on that team was former Sox pitcher Carlos Castillo. Yofu became good friends with Castillo. During the offseason, Yofu flew to Miami to work out with Castillo and several others. While working out in Miami, a scout saw him and recommended the Sox sign him. We did, and here he is. Backman was quoted on TV as saying this guy is good and sill make the Big Leagues here. Apparently he throws 95.

Once I see him pitch a few times, I'll give you a report. Also, I heard Backman say on a radio interview that Yofu will likely close with Ring as his setup man getting occasional save opps. The idea is that Ring needs innings and it is easier to get 2 or 3 inning stints from a setup guy than a closer.

Guest hotsoxchick1

They are playing on the road in Greenville so all I am getting is what I hear on the radio broadcast which is bits here and bits there.

Yofu dominated the Tawain League two years ago, leading that circuit in K's.  He signed with the Daiei (sp?) Hawks in the Japanese Major Leagues.  Before the season started he had a back injury and ended up pitching for one of their Minor League clubs.  He had a good year for them, but never got called up to the Major League Hawks.

One of his teammates on that team was former Sox pitcher Carlos Castillo.  Yofu became good friends with Castillo.  During the offseason, Yofu flew to Miami to work out with Castillo and several others.  While working out in Miami, a scout saw him and recommended the Sox sign him.  We did, and here he is.  Backman was quoted on TV as saying this guy is good and sill make the Big Leagues here.  Apparently he throws 95. 

Once I see him pitch a few times, I'll give you a report.  Also, I heard Backman say on a radio interview that Yofu will likely close with Ring as his setup man getting occasional save opps.  The idea is that Ring needs innings and it is easier to get 2 or 3 inning stints from a setup guy than a closer.

thanks for the update hon... i appreciate it...........ya know everytime i think of yofu i cant help but think of that yao ming commercial .........yo no yao........... :D

Yofu dominated the Tawain League two years ago, leading that circuit in K's.  He signed with the Daiei (sp?) Hawks in the Japanese Major Leagues.  Before the season started he had a back injury and ended up pitching for one of their Minor League clubs.  He had a good year for them, but never got called up to the Major League Hawks.

One of his teammates on that team was former Sox pitcher Carlos Castillo.  Yofu became good friends with Castillo.  During the offseason, Yofu flew to Miami to work out with Castillo and several others.  While working out in Miami, a scout saw him and recommended the Sox sign him.  We did, and here he is.  Backman was quoted on TV as saying this guy is good and sill make the Big Leagues here.  Apparently he throws 95.  

Once I see him pitch a few times, I'll give you a report.  Also, I heard Backman say on a radio interview that Yofu will likely close with Ring as his setup man getting occasional save opps.  The idea is that Ring needs innings and it is easier to get 2 or 3 inning stints from a setup guy than a closer.

thanks for the update hon... i appreciate it...........ya know everytime i think of yofu i cant help but think of that yao ming commercial .........yo no yao........... :D

Catch is Yofu is Japanese and Ming is Chinese. Mind if I call you Canadian? LOL

Guest hotsoxchick1

Yofu dominated the Tawain League two years ago, leading that circuit in K's.  He signed with the Daiei (sp?) Hawks in the Japanese Major Leagues.  Before the season started he had a back injury and ended up pitching for one of their Minor League clubs.  He had a good year for them, but never got called up to the Major League Hawks.

One of his teammates on that team was former Sox pitcher Carlos Castillo.  Yofu became good friends with Castillo.  During the offseason, Yofu flew to Miami to work out with Castillo and several others.  While working out in Miami, a scout saw him and recommended the Sox sign him.  We did, and here he is.  Backman was quoted on TV as saying this guy is good and sill make the Big Leagues here.  Apparently he throws 95.  

Once I see him pitch a few times, I'll give you a report.  Also, I heard Backman say on a radio interview that Yofu will likely close with Ring as his setup man getting occasional save opps.  The idea is that Ring needs innings and it is easier to get 2 or 3 inning stints from a setup guy than a closer.

Catch is Yofu is Japanese and Ming is Chinese. Mind if I call you Canadian? LOL

ok ok ok.. sorry .. in reality, from where you sit i may as well be canadian..........lol.............. :D