Todays game

johndyce

A lefty is going against us. Valentine or Graffy? I bet it won't be long before Daubach gets a start at first, but not today. I remember last year Konerko went through a 3-5 game spell where he looked awful, couldn't hit a lick, and then hit a homer and went off on an absolute tear.

first game on WGN of the season.  I live in Iowa so those ones are the only ones I get to see.  I cant wait!!!  Hawk and DJ rule

they were on wgn the first game of the year weren't they?

Yes, you are correct.

0-1 so far on WGN -- hopefully that changes today.

Boy, it sure is nice to see our 7-8-9 hitters coming through with some hits. Yesterday they had 5 hits from those 3 spots, and today we've already got 2, as Sandy just doubled home Rowand who had just singled back up the middle. With Paulie, Magglio, and Frank all hitting for a low average, it's nice to have some others coming through to pick up the slack.

RBI single by Graffy drives in Sandy....2-0 Good Guys. :)

I love the way Frank is looking at pitches so far this season. It appears he's seeing the ball exceptionally well, and I think it's just a matter of time before he gets it completely locked in and starts driving the ball into the gaps and over the fences.

He just took his 5th walk in as many games, and he's also been HBP 2 times and he's got 3 hits. So doing the math, that's 10 times on base in 5 games -- not too shabby.

Magglio hits a little nubber that is fielded by Munson, and he's gotta put it in his pocket. They're loaded for Paulie. Let's see if he can help his confidence by getting a big 2-out RBI. Attaboy Paul....ball up the middle not handled by Shane Halter, and the Sox now lead it 3-0.

Lee up, bases still packed. He flies out to moderately deep CF, but they come up with 3 and now lead it 3-0.

Aaron with yet another basehit, and he's now 2-2. Great hustle on the play, as he slides safely into 2nd with a double. I LOVE his style of play -- definitely a good influence.

Graffy hits a BULLET right at Munson, so Rowand is stranded at 2nd.

End 4, Sox lead it 3-0.

MB is on cruise control, and the Sox still lead it 3-0, bottom 5.

For the last game and a half, our defense has been very solid. Yesterday, Miguel gunned out another runner and Paulie made a nice 3-6-3 DP, and just now Magglio made a very nice sliding catch on a ball hit into shallow RF.

Hmmm...btw, I thought Valentin was going to sit out games vs. righties in favor of Graffy? Well, Graffy is starting today, but in place of D'Angelo instead. Oh well.

YEAH, Frank just bombed one out to LF for his 1st HR of the season. YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDD, YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. 4-0 Sox

Oooh, they just hit Carlos.  Wait till MB get some payback!  Here comes the brawl  :bringit

Ohhh, no need for MB to be getting in on it...I'm gonna go kick his f***ing ass for hitting my husband like that!!!

BTW, bj, I think u should show our opposition that picture that HSC so much loves before every series to distract them!!! LOL!

LOL, after a 1-out walk to Magglio, Paulie had a funny looking swing, but the ball was off the end of his bat and into RF. 1st and 3rd w/ 1 out for El Caballo.

OUCH...he just got HBP in the knee, and he's not getting up. That hurts enough on a normal day, but on a cold day like it is in Chicago today, that hurts twice as much. It caught him right on the kneecap. He's now slowly walking towards first base, and it appears he's going to stay in the game.

The Tigers are going to the bullpen, as the bases are loaded for Crede with 1 out. He pops up into foul territory, and it's caught by Inge for out #2. It's up to Aaron.

UGH...Hawk made me think it was salami time, but it's caught in RF by Higginson to end the inning. Sox had an opp to blow the game open, but they still lead it 4-0 through 5.

Well they are lookin pretty bad once again today.  At least its the Tigers so they can get away with it.

What game are you watching?

Buehrle is pitching excellent (2 hits, 0 runs, 6 IP), their defense has been flawless (including a very nice sliding catch by Magglio), Frank has gone deep, Rowand has 2 hits, and they're winning 4-0 in the 6th. The only bad thing they've done so far today is they've left a few runners on base.

If that's "pretty bad", I hope they play badly more often.

They scored 3 runs on what sounds like flukey hits and pisspoor defense by the tigers. They've missed a ton of chances to break it open and they are missing them just like they have done all year long. Mark is pitching well, but there isn't a pitcher in baseball who hasn't pitched well against the Tigers all season. Against a real team, they would be paying for all these miss opportunities. They gotta start hitting in the clutch, that's what it comes down to. If they play well enough to win today, I'm happy, but I still don't think they are playing up to what they are capable of.

KABOOM!!! Sandy hits a lead-off bomb to LF to put the Sox up 5-0. He's 2 for 3 on the day with 2 RBI. :)

Graffy singles to RF for his 2nd hit of the day.

Valentin doubles down the LF line, Graffy motors around to score, and it's now 6-0. Gee, I wish the Sox would play this badly more often

Frank BATTLES from an 0-2 count to draw yet another base on balls, and Magglio comes up with 2 on and 0 out. 6-4-3 for Mags, and with 2 outs that brings up Paulie. He grounds out, but the Sox add 2 and lead it 6-0.

Hawk has made the same mistake 2 times so far today.

He said that Frank has now been on base 11 times this season following his 6th inning walk, but it's actually 12. He's walked 6 times, been HBP 2 times, and has 4 hits. Unless I'm using fuzzy math (LOL), that's 12.