Comments by maggs

Melissa1334

Melissa.....

I'll answer your last question....IT'S ALL ABOUT THE $$$$$$$$$.

I don't mind you posting another thread about Magglio. If I don't want to read anymore about Magglio, I don't have to open the thread.

I also agree with another poster that Magglio was just saying what he thought the Tigers would like to hear and not what he really feels.

It's sad to see players like Magglio & Carlos Lee leave. Very sad :crying about El Caballo, but not as sad about Magglio because of all the HE said HE said stuff. I don't hate Magglio, but he does come off as not looking very good. The Sox probably would have let Magglio go even if he didn't get injured because his price was too high.

Edited by awesomefan

QUOTE(awesomefan @ Feb 12, 2005 -> 01:42 AM)
I'll answer your last question....IT'S ALL ABOUT THE $$$$$$$$$.

Yep. Maggs obviously didn't go to Detroit to win a WS or to pad his batting stats.

It's sad to see players like Magglio & Carlos Lee leave. Very sad :crying  about El Caballo, but not as sad about Magglio because of all the HE said HE said stuff.  I don't hate Magglio, but he does come off as not looking very good.  The Sox probably would have let Magglio go even if he didn't get injured because his price was too high.

I feel pretty much the same way. I knew Maggs was a goner when they didn't re-sign him at the beginning of last season. Given his reluctancy to allow the Sox doctors to inspect his knee and his mouthing off after signing with Detroit, I'm not really going to miss him. I would've loved to have Carlos around for a while longer, but freeing up that money allowed KW to address other problems.