how have some of our youngsters doin

soxfan420

As long as I'm remembering right, Doublem pretty much tended to believe Miles has to prove himself at AAA first and then in the majors, as he thought Miles was more of a one year wonder.

I have said this from the very beginning. This is his year to prove he is a legit player and not a career Minor Leaguer. His spring put him off to a great start. I'd like to know why he hasn't played much lately in Charlotte.

Guest hotsoxchick1
As long as I'm remembering right, Doublem pretty much tended to believe Miles has to prove himself at AAA first and then in the majors, as he thought Miles was more of a one year wonder.

I have said this from the very beginning.  This is his year to prove he is a legit player and not a career Minor Leaguer.  His spring put him off to a great start.  I'd like to know why he hasn't played much lately in Charlotte.

i want to know that too.. and no one has a good answer yet... is he hurt or is it theres just not enough room at the inn for him to do anything else but dh.......nobody i have talked with yet seems to know for sure........... :huh:

I have said this from the very beginning.  This is his year to prove he is a legit player and not a career Minor Leaguer.  His spring put him off to a great start.  I'd like to know why he hasn't played much lately in Charlotte.

i want to know that too.. and no one has a good answer yet... is he hurt or is it theres just not enough room at the inn for him to do anything else but dh.......nobody i have talked with yet seems to know for sure........... :huh:

I'll dig up an answer Tuesday.

Guest hotsoxchick1

I'll dig up an answer Tuesday.

i would be most greatful for any info you may find...........thanks hon.......your the best...... ;)

The guy seems to know how to actually play baseball, and that means he's got something on about 97% of the rest of them.

You mean he knows how to have almost as many CS as SB's? How to not hit for power?

How to stink in 5 of 6 AA and lower seasons? How to be a terrible fielding 2B-man that makes Jose Valentin look like a Gold Glover?

With new and improved Tony Graffanino, I don't see why anyone is even talking about Lil' Popeye anymore. Not when you have Willie Harris, Borchard, Rauch, Diaz, Almonte, Munoz, 6'7'' Scott Morgan, Gload, etc

I'm in the same boat as you. I know the two of us have debated this subject with HSC in the past :D

A lot of it has to do with room. Miles can't play short and they are playing Nunez there with Hummel at 3rd and Harris in 2nd. Borchard is playing in center and they aren't playing Harris in any of the corner slots. That means he doens't have many options. Miles can't really go to center cause the Sox want Joe getting all his time in center. Hummell can play any infield position, but Miles can only play 2nd and he isn't going to be playing over Harris.

Reason being tools wise Harris is much better, he's also younger. I know those Mile fans may not like that, but if Harris develops a better eye, he could be a heck of a leadoff hitter.

Guest hotsoxchick1

miles himself is slightly injured right now.. seem he has a broken bone in his hand where he was hit by a pitch...........most likely why he hasnt played much in the past week.. they just diganosed it yesterday..........

Guest hotsoxchick1

ya know mat...... i love the kid...you dont have to make any excuses for me...lol lol lol.............. :D i still think he should be taking up a roster space up here as opposed to down there........wish i ran the team for a day...........

Guest hotsoxchick1
wish i ran the team for a day...........

I wouldn't complain, you know your s***. :cheers

yeah well tell it to jr when i go for kw's job......... :D

The guy seems to know how to actually play baseball, and that means he's got something on about 97% of the rest of them.

You mean he knows how to have almost as many CS as SB's? How to not hit for power?

How to stink in 5 of 6 AA and lower seasons? How to be a terrible fielding 2B-man that makes Jose Valentin look like a Gold Glover?

With new and improved Tony Graffanino, I don't see why anyone is even talking about Lil' Popeye anymore. Not when you have Willie Harris, Borchard, Rauch, Diaz, Almonte, Munoz, 6'7'' Scott Morgan, Gload, etc

The kid appears to have a good baseball head on his shoulders. At least from what I've heard and read about him. That goes a long way in my book. In fact, it's something this team needs more of. See Rios' blunder Tuesday night for an example.