the worlds biggest dumbass......

Guest hotsoxchick1

Guest hotsoxchick1

Judge sets bond in umpire attack

The Associated Press

April 17, 2003, 3:45 PM CDT

A judge set bond at $250,000 on Thursday for a man who attacked an umpire during a White Sox game.

Eric Dybas of Bolingbrook was charged with one count of felony aggravated battery and one count of misdemeanor criminal trespass.

The 24-year-old Dybas came out of the stands and grabbed umpire Laz Diaz around the legs during Tuesday night's game between the White Sox and Kansas City Royals.

Dybas was the fourth fan to run onto the field that night. The other three did not attack anyone and were charged with misdemeanor trespassing.

Dybas appeared in court Thursday with his lawyer. Cook County Judge Nicholas Ford called Dybas' actions disturbing and said nobody should be subjected to violent acts at a ballpark.

Defense attorney Frank Kostouros said his client has an alcohol problem and his behavior was a result of that. The lawyer also said Dybas is sorry for what he did.

Last September, Kansas City coach Tom Gamboa was pummeled by a father and son just yards from where Tuesday's attack took place.

The White Sox have since beefed up security and the baseball commissioner's office said everything possible will be done to eliminate fan violence.

Copyright © 2003, The Associated Press

Bail wasn't high enough. Mom and Dad will slap a lien on their house to post the 10% recognisance on that one. He should sit in jail another couple of days beforfe he can raise bail - but I suppose if it were set too high it would be appealable in that it was a high profile case instead of being judged on the merits. f***.

The legislature should take the time to raise the penalty a bit, They can make a one year feolony out of being on the field. As Baggio pointed out yesterday, the potential for a Monica Seles incident is too great. They did find a knife on the field after the Ligues last year. Going on the field should be a chargable felony.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well cw hes gonna sit for a few days.. mom and dad dont have the bucks.....the lawyer was on the news whinning about how he was drunk and made a mistake and they shouldnt be so hard on the kid.... f*** that......he gets what he deserves......and your right bail wasnt high enough.........funny thing is there was an accused murderer up for bail just before this kid was up and he only got 150,000 bond put to his charges..........hows that for adding insult to injury.............only in america......

bond is supposed to reflect the flight risk, it is a guarentee to show up. If the accused murderer has family (spouse) and/or good job or whatever and is not a flight risk, then bond would be lower. A single guy who probably cannot be expeditied from another state is a higher risk.

The folks will talk to a bailbond person and get a 2nd mortgage on the house unless they already have one and in that case the kid sits in jail... too bad.

The lawyer is just doing his job. If our office represented him we'd be doing the same.

Guest hotsoxchick1

oh i understand all that cw.. i just thought it funny that murder only gets you 150k and jumping onto a ball park field got ya 250k......i totaly understand the lawyer just doing his job... and not questioning it... im just gonna get sick and tired of him whinning about his dumbass client is all............i hope dan has him on the block tonite......lol........how ironic would that be????????? lmao............ :headbang :D

only 1 low priority felony count - :angry:

I'd advise the umpire's association to sue that guy on behalf of the ump. Run the f***er's legal bills through the roof. Even if you settle for a few bucks, you put the fear of civil suits in other people's heads.

the lawyer was on the  news whinning about how he was drunk and made a mistake and they shouldnt be so hard on the kid.... f*** that......he gets what he deserves......and your right bail wasnt high enough

Don't you just love lawyers? I heard this meathead and, in typical scumbag lawyer fashion, he's blaming everyone and everything but his jagoff client. f*** both of them.

:bang

Guest hotsoxchick1

I'd advise the umpire's association to sue that guy on behalf of the ump.  Run the f***er's legal bills through the roof.  Even if you settle for a few bucks, you put the fear of civil suits in other people's heads.

i guess you missed the dan part of the post huh....how funny would it be if that kid was on his watch?????? i plan on making a phone call here in a few minutes when he gets to work to see how his nite is going....lol lol.lol.... :D

I'd advise the umpire's association to sue that guy on behalf of the ump.  Run the f***er's legal bills through the roof.  Even if you settle for a few bucks, you put the fear of civil suits in other people's heads.

i guess you missed the dan part of the post huh....how funny would it be if that kid was on his watch?????? i plan on making a phone call here in a few minutes when he gets to work to see how his nite is going....lol lol.lol.... :D

I saw that and failed to comment due to blunderheadedness.

Say hi to GUG for me -

Guest hotsoxchick1

more like a long lecture coming up for that kid tonite....."you are that freakin stupid to run onto the field" ..."what the hell was on your mind to do such a thing"...."your damn lucky it wasnt me on that field or i would have kicked your ass a bit more than what it is now"......."you dumb sob..what the hell made you do that"......"typical damn cub fan have to come to our house and f*** everything up for us"...........doing this :bang :bang :bang all the while............i feel for the kid tonite hes not in good hands lol lol lol lol lol......hes in the hands of the opposition........ :D :cheers

Guest hotsoxchick1
If GUG is working where I usually see him, I doubt that Dybas is being held at that facility.

i dont know where he is at tonite killa.... but when i call ill find out... .i just thought it would be funny if he were at his lockup...........dont ya think? i mean if you were the arresting officer tell me you wouldnt have taken him for a little ride before checking him in.......... ;) lol or dont you cops today do that kind of thing anymore????? lol lol lol lol...........

If GUG is working where I usually see him, I doubt that Dybas is being held at that facility.

i dont know where he is at tonite killa.... but when i call ill find out... .i just thought it would be funny if he were at his lockup...........dont ya think? i mean if you were the arresting officer tell me you wouldnt have taken him for a little ride before checking him in.......... ;) lol or dont you cops today do that kind of thing anymore????? lol lol lol lol...........

Oh I'm with you HSC. Be even funnier if he was at GUG's facility and GUG had to sit on him and watch him all night because he threatened suicide :lol: . I just don't think that will be the scenario based on where Dybas committed his offense and where I've seen GUG working..... but I could be wrong..... I hope I'm wrong :D