Josh Hansen

thomsonmi

Joshua Hansen the former San Diego University star and 24th round pick in the 2004 draft has some awfully good numbers for Kannapolis playing right field, first base, and DH.

In 36 games, he has 10 homeruns, 34 runs batted in, a .300 batting average.

Josh Hansen

Position: OF/IF/DH

Height: 6'0

Weight: 215

Bats: Right

Throws: Right

DOB: 9/15/1981

Resides: Irvine, CA

Acquired:

24th Round Pick in 2004 First Year Player Draft

Bio:

Minor League Highlights: 2004: Made pro debut at Advanced Rookie Great Falls … batted .290 (42-145) with 18 extra-base hits and a .387 on-base percentage in 40 games … posted a .370 (27-73) average at home … recorded 10-game hitting streak from 7/17-30, batting .472 (17-36). Miscellaneous/Personal: Attended San Diego University, where he hit 15 career home runs with 92 RBI … twice named All-West Coast Conference, earning first team honors in 2003 and second team honors in 2004 … posted a 22-game hitting streak as a senior … batted .369 in 2004 … his 20 doubles as a junior were the third-highest total in school history … was one of school-record five players taken in the draft, and one of four seniors taken on the second day … also attended Wake Forest and Cypress College in Los Angeles … named first team All-Orange Empire as sophomore at Cypress in 2002 after hitting .388.

I still can't figure out who he is. I've asked all my buddies that played baseball with me in Irvine and I know he's from Irvine (cause I remember being shocked when a hometown player was drafted by the Sox). None of us have a clue who he is, but can't complain as he's kicking ass.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ May 16, 2005 -> 10:04 PM)
Not to poo-poo on it but he's 23 and in low A ball. But with that said, its hard to complain when one of our draftees puts up very good numbers. Will be interesting to see if he moves up anytime soon.

Also his first full season in the minors, and his first in full season league. So I would not pooh pooh this guy yet.