Grant Hansen Piece

DBAHO

A really good read here, from the agent's point of view, I'll post a link of the article as well;

11:34 The third round is under way, and Mark Newman calls and says New York has an interest in Grant Hansen, the 6-foot-6 pitcher from Oklahoma City. The Yankees have two players ranked ahead of Hansen. But if both go off the board, they’ll take him.

11:41 The White Sox, in a surprise, select Hansen with the 89th pick before the Yankees can grab him. Matt and Toby are on the phone with Grant and his mother, Diane, within seconds.

“I’d like to take the credit,” Sosnick says. “But this is totally Toby networking it out with the teams.”

After congratulating Grant and telling him how proud he is, Toby touches base with Diane. “Grant’s mom is a basket case,” he says, returning to the room. “She’s bawling her eyes out.”

3:26 Matt gets on the phone with Alex Slattery, the White Sox area scout, and talks about doing a quick deal for Grant Hansen. “Let’s make this a loving negotiation,” he says. “I’m tired.”

3:33  Matt speaks with Grant Hansen’s mother again and tells her to make sure to thank the area scout, Slattery, who pushed so hard for the White Sox to draft Grant.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/2005d.../crasnick1.html