Laughable Injuries

Jim Fainter

The current thread on Joe Borchard's injury got me thinking about humorous injuries. There's been a bunch of them.

Farnsworth punting a baseball and hurting his foot qualifies. Another involved an ex-Cub, outfielder Henry Cotto. He was sitting on the bench cleaning his ears with Q-Tips, went too far and punctured an ear drum, thus landing on the DL.

If you have any, let's hear them.

The current thread on Joe Borchard's injury got me thinking about humorous injuries. There's been a bunch of them.

Farnsworth punting a baseball and hurting his foot qualifies.  Another involved an ex-Cub, outfielder Henry Cotto.  He was sitting on the bench cleaning his ears with Q-Tips, went too far and punctured an ear drum, thus landing on the DL.

Well in the NFL there was the placekicker on the Cardinals (the brother of Martin Grammatica) who f***ed up his leg while celebrating after kicking a field goal.

Farnsworth punting a baseball and hurting his foot qualifies.  Another involved an ex-Cub, outfielder Henry Cotto.  He was sitting on the bench cleaning his ears with Q-Tips, went too far and punctured an ear drum, thus landing on the DL.

Marty Cordova getting sunburn in a tanning bed.......... Eli Marreo?(one of STL's catchers) Cutting his hand trying to open a DVD the week b4 playoffs........ it's safe to say us jocks are retards.

I heard J.T. Snow was hit with his own foul ball.

That hurts like hell.

I fouled 3 off my foot in a 10 minute period one time in the batting cages, and I was done.

Very painful if you get it on top of the foot. Tons of little bones in there that can go snap, crackle, pop.

I've actually never done that, thank God.  However, I was at the cages once, on the hard thrower (80) and I fouled one off of my stomach!  It hurt pretty bad. I also umpire Little League, and I once umped a game where a kid fouled one off his own face!

Sweeny did that a couple years ago.......real nasty.

Fouling a ball off your leg isn't a stupid injury.. you want stupid?

Adam Eaton cut his stomach with a knife trying to open a box of DVD's

Steve Finley broke bones in his hand taking ornaments off his xmas tree

Kent got hurt "washing his car" ya that's a lie

Of course Farnsy punting baseballs

I can't remember which pitcher it was but he hurt his back years ago...getting out of a recliner!