Royals sweep

kev211

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 02:06 AM)
Can anyone here belive the royals swept the yankees! I know the yankees arnt that good this year but i mean it the royals!

Wrong time for Yankee$$ to get in a slump...do you know who they will play this weekend? The f*** Twinkies!

QUOTE(rafacosta @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 12:05 PM)
Wrong time for Yankee$$ to get in a slump...do you know who they will play this weekend? The f*** Twinkies!

They always whoop the Twins, it never fails.

The Yankees just went through a stretch in May where they won 16 out of 18 games (from May 7 to May 27). Now they've lost 5 in a row, including 3 to the worst team in the majors. The pitching outside of the one Boston game has been fine, but their offense has gone to sleep once again. You know that's not gonna last, what with Rodriguez, Sheffield, Jeter, Matsui, Posada, and the primary comeback player of the year candidate in Tino Martinez.

In the end, I hate their enormous payroll too, but I can take a look at the AL and see that they're still the team to beat in the AL playoffs. :huh