The AL PLayoff Race

Fenway

The great thing for the White Sox right now is they have a 7 game lead on the entire league and if they keep playing the way they have been will not have to worry too much in the second half.

The Orange County Angels have taken command of the AL West so the real fun will be the AL East and where the Twins fit in that. I honestly thought the Wild Card would not come from the East but now I am not that sure.

Boston is starting to look like the team of last August and with Schilling due back after the break will only get tougher. Baltimore? They maybe like KC of 2003 but we will see.

The Twins? They can not afford to lose to the Tigers and the Brewers if they want to keep pace.

The 210 Million Dollar question is NYY. With that lineup they COULD go 60-30 the rest of the way....but they could also go 50-40. They looked awful Saturday losing to the Mets 10-3. ( Steinbrenner has to do something soon, Boston now up 6 1/2 on them 7 in loss column )

New York will be the story of the second half no matter what they do.

(gee it's nice to be back in first, I really believe the Sox and the Sox will meet in the ALCS )

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 07:40 PM)
My first game of the season will be a Chisox-Bosox game in July.

Are you the same Fenway from WSI?  Either way, welcome to the board! 

:cheers

That's moi

The 4 games in July between the Red and White Sox at The Cell will be a very good preview of the fall.

Then when the White Sox come to Boston, Neil Diamond will be singing "Sweet Caroline" LIVE at Fenway. (Sunday the 14th of August which maybe moved to 8 PM for ESPN)

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 26, 2005 -> 02:24 AM)
I'm hoping the Yanks miss the playoffs. Actually, I rather have Boston miss. Boston's offense is starting to pick up and with Schilling coming back, they're a dangerous team to face in the playoffs.

but if the yankees make the playoffs they will have to come in on fire and i would not look forward to facing them in the playoffs

If the Yankees make the playoffs, it will be entirely because they outscored people. They do not have the pitching to make the playoffs, barring a major trade or two.

The old adage is that good pitching beats good hitting. I would much rather face the Yankees with our pitching staff than Boston, who has some pitching of their own.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 08:42 PM)
If the Yankees make the playoffs, it will be entirely because they outscored people.  They do not have the pitching to make the playoffs, barring a major trade or two.

The old adage is that good pitching beats good hitting.  I would much rather face the Yankees with our pitching staff than Boston, who has some pitching of their own.

Exactly. If they become red hot, it's because their offense and the lack of pitching in their division minus Boston. I'm confident we could beat the Yanks with our pitching. Boston, however, has the offense and the pitching. I'm not so confident in beating them if it came down to a 3 game series(assuming we play them in the 1st round).