Koch Still the Man

whitesox247

Link

White Sox manager Jerry Manuel expects Koch to work out of his early season funk and be as successful as he has been during the past four seasons, when Koch has posted save totals of 31, 33, 36 and 44 consecutively.

But, if the situation calls for left-hander Damaso Marte or Tom Gordon to be used in the ninth inning in place of Koch, Manuel is not opposed to making the move. Manuel believes that a game can be saved in the seventh inning, in certain instances, more than the actual credited save in the ninth.

Wright on target: Danny Wright moved another step closer to a return to the active roster with his third strong start for Triple-A Charlotte on Sunday afternoon. Wright pitched 5 2/3 innings, allowing three hits, two walks and two earned runs. Wright struck out two and threw 91 pitches, including 11 of 21 first-pitch strikes.

Wright has an 0-1 record and 3.55 ERA in three starts, giving up eight hits and four walks in 12 2/3 innings. The inning total is the most crucial number, leaving Wright probably one more injury rehabilitation start before a decision needs to be made. He is scheduled to start Friday against Rochester, while Josh Stewart starts Saturday for the White Sox against the Seattle Mariners.

Down on the farm: Joe Borchard, another minor leaguer who could be back with the White Sox sooner rather than later, had three hits, including his second home run, and drove in three during Charlotte’s 5-4 victory over Durham on Monday. Brian Cooper pitched six innings, improving to 4-1.

Enemencio Pacheco, acquired in a July trade last season for Sandy Alomar, improved to 2-0 and dropped his ERA to 0.36 with six shutout innings in Birmingham’s 3-0 victory at Jacksonville. Danny Sandoval had two hits and two RBIs.

Guest hotsoxchick1
koch aint getting no love from matt  :lol:

i dont balme you matt..after having to watch him in toronto with his 4.80 era and 10 blown saves it must suck to have to suffer again..here's to ya :cheers

koch aint gettin no love from me either....(maybe thats his problem lol lol lol ;) ) anyhow i cant stand the fact that we just got beat up by two of our formers on the mound........ that plain ol sucks............ :angry:

i dont balme you matt..after having to watch him in toronto with his 4.80 era and 10 blown saves it must suck to have to suffer again..here's to ya :cheers

koch aint gettin no love from me either....(maybe thats his problem lol lol lol ;) ) anyhow i cant stand the fact that we just got beat up by two of our formers on the mound........ that plain ol sucks............ :angry:

billy bean schoolin KW :huh:

listening to Mat diss Koch in person is so much better than the cyber version :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually the only time he pitched well was when I was there. If he had blown a save I flew 3000 miles for I'd have lost it, then you really see me hate him. I saw Biddle get the save again today, he's only had one bad outing all year, though that's not really relevant I say good for him. At least Leifer still sucks. Anyways 4 people were loudly booed on opening day, Billy Botch, Trash Gordon, Hick White and the very stylish Bruce Kimm. Whitesox fans don't hold back that's for sure.