Rome on KW

Winning Ugly

"....Kenny Williams said it might affect his job, what's going on with his kids, that were accused for breaking and entering a motor home.

How is this going to affect your job, Kenny? Unless your kids were breaking in to steal some WINS."

Now that is the only respectable thing Romey has said in a long time.

Still hate him but can't get espn radio at work.

Guest hotsoxchick1
How is this going to affect your job, Kenny? Unless your kids were breaking in to steal some WINS."

lmao.... thats funny........wish they were breaking in to steal back some of the players we gave up on stupid trades instead.......lol :D gotta love rome

not funny to me.

A family's private tragedy is just that.

I suppose that being KW being a public figure this is par for the course buyt humor in other people's tragedies does not amuse me.

My younger son was busted a few times at age 16. He was living with his mom, not me, which is how I account for that - but it is a heavy thing to get word that your son has been arrested. It is heartbreaking to sit in court and watch your child go through the process. And my kid was guilty as hell and it is hard to get the news when the judge sentences your kid to jail time - trust me I know. Not very funny, any of it.

Now my kid got his life turned around thereafter and he is my son the Marine. He did have to leave this community and go elsewhere to get his life turned around because in our small community what happened would never be forgotten - hasn't been forgotten. I don't know what KW's kids will do but this is not an easy time for them.

One reason I despise sports talk is the glibness with which they amuse themselves with other people's pain. On NPR this morning there was a commentary about how mean sports reporting has gotten. It is.

I want KW gone really badly. But as a father, I know what he is going through.

Wait until Rome or someone in his family gets busted or something else happens - I bet he won't find it all that amusing.

I hope every parent out there thinks about how much fun it would be to hear your child's problems being made jokes of on national radio.

Guest hotsoxchick1

i dont really see this as a tragedy so to speak... its not like someone died or something.... this is something most kids do at one time or another... or one of the many things they try which will have the same end results.......they are typical kids.. the fact that their father is a public figure around here is a reason we even discuss it ........i can show ya a police blotter from the local news with kids and grown ups alike doing this very same thing in the chicagoland area......tragedy no.. open for public scrutiny... sure thats why they publish that stuff in the press in the first place.... had it been my neighbor you bet your ass i would be out there nextdoor giving them s*** about it.........if it were my kids their asses would be very sore right about now.....and they would be working to pay their lawyer.........

cw, I hear what you're saying, but I don't think Rome would have even commented on this if KW wouldn't have held a press conference about it. Why do that?

you really think Rome wouldn't have commented on it?

KW spoke to it becauser it was in the news and you have to say something. I've been there close enough. I didn't have a press conferance but once your kid is arrested and everyone knows you have to say something. Do you think KW would have commented if it had not been reported all over the media? I doubt it. He had no choice - he had to say something.

And who knows all the facts? And depends oln how you look it things. What my kid did was against the law. But looked at from another angle, he was just defending a buddy whoi was being attacked. And doing what anyone might have done in the same suituation. And from another perspective, a flash of bad judgment in a moment when he had a to make a quick decision -

who here has never been in a place where you did something illegal and were lucky not to have ben caught? I've been with friends in my time when they did something illegal - drink and drive, open intoxs, minor in possession, illegal substances -

oh I wanted to kick my kid's ass and he got not one cent from me for his legal fees but all the same, he was my kid and he got what he deserved and it was still damned hard - yeah, and I am rather well known in this community and I heard some of the jokes that singled him out because he was my kid - the other kids involved got to fade into the background, but mine didn't because the name is well known out here.

Funny thing was when he was sentenced I was not there - I was at Comiskey and I got the news over the phone - there was nothing that I could do for him that day and I couldn't bear to watch. Maybe that makes me a bad parent. I can still tell you exactly which pay phone I was at when I got the news. And the following week, the judge apologised to me and I told the judge it was cool, he only did what he had to do. The judge and I are friends. And my son did his time and is one of those Marines you are supporting.

Now what do you judge my kid by - his conviction, his jail time, or his turning his life around? And should minors be the butt of jokes on national radio? Is that not rather a cheap joke?

The question we threw at another poster a few days - who here is so perfect that this is amusing or funny?

I know exactly felt when he got the news. May it never happen to anyone else.

Dump on KW all one wants (we all know I do) but leave his kids out of it,

:fyou Jim Rome and if this makes me a humorless son of a b****, well then, so be it.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well the only thing i have to say on that note is.. one of kw's kids is 21 which makes him an adult and the other 16, is considered adult in some states.......both of them definately old enough to make a good choice between right and wrong... they picked doing wrong, which makes them fair game to any scrutiny in my book......had my kids done the same thing i would expect a similar reaction, espically if i were as public as kw is....i would probably get worse being a single mother....does it make anything better.. no, but thats the price a person pays for being in the public eye.. had kw been an average joe on the street... then this would have been put in the police blotter section of the news and only his friends and neighbors would know what happened......he would probably still get backlash from it with them though..........

who here is so perfect that this is amusing or funny?
... as for this one ...we all know im perfect and i find it hysterical.......... ;) :lol: ;) :lol: lol lol lol..............

by the way: other parents with children guilty of criminal offenses include:

G W Bush, two daughters

Jeb Bush, 1 daughter

No one has ever heard me bash the Bush family for their children's problems...

... and anyone who thinks it would be unfair to criticise a Bush father for what the children have done, then leave KW alone on this

but if you think that guilty kids makes a parent a bad person, then do what you can to get both Bushs fired on thsoe grounds.

Don't play it both ways. Be consistent.

Now if you want KW fired (or the Bushs) because they are f*** ups in their jobs totally apart from their kids' situations, go for it.

I agree that the kids should be left alone, but it's the nature of the beast. KW lives in the spot light and therefore, so do his kids. I know it isn't right, but it just is and they need to think about that when they're making decisions. I'm sure Kenny is having that conversation with them right now, along with his younger kids.

I know exactly what you mean about the small town. I too grew up in a small community and continue to live there now.

by the way: other parents with children guilty of criminal offenses include:

G W Bush, two daughters

Jeb Bush, 1 daughter

No one has ever heard me bash the Bush family for their children's problems...

... and anyone who thinks it would be unfair to criticise a Bush father for what the children have done, then leave KW alone on this

but if you think that guilty kids makes a parent a bad person, then do what you can to get both Bushs fired on thsoe grounds.

Don't play it both ways.  Be consistent.

Now if you want KW fired (or the Bushs) because they are f*** ups in their jobs totally apart from their kids' situations, go for it.

I don't remember anyone criticizing KW's parenting skills. I thought this thread was about Jim Rome.

Guest hotsoxchick1

they are all fair game in my book........

depends on the parents...and the situation .....i would definately put the luigie guy who ran onto the field as a guilty parent cause he is not a good example of a responsable parent and dragged his kid down with him.....but as for the bushes and kw... i cant really blame them for their kids doing stupid s***...im sure they are both responsible sets of parents in their own ways.. just you or i are with our kids........kids just do stupid s*** at times.....

why else would anyone want them fired if not for their f*** ups in their jobs????? i cant blame their kids cause the parents cant do their jobs good enough........maybe they are over their heads??? just a hunch....... ;)

.i would definately put the luigie guy who ran onto the field as a guilty parent cause he is not a good example of a responsable parent and dragged his kid down with him...

when I worked in foster care, we took kids from the parents when their parents were like that - with court orders of course first -

Guest hotsoxchick1

oh cw liten up a bit huh...... it was all in good fun.......hell they talked about richard pryor when he lit himself on fire smokin crack, michael jackson went up in flames doing the pepsi commercial amoung the numerous other weird things he does, everyone who does a dumbass thing or has something out of the norm happen to them gets talked about at one point or another........hell even president clinton didnt inhale but made monica swallow...........things happen for a reason...and stupid things happen more frequent than not............rome took the opportunity as anyone else would or has already taken, to give their little dis on the kw situation........it doesnt mean anything... just a bit of humor.... kw has tossed his share of dumbass comments on others out there now its turn around being fair play is all........

I agree with cw about the kids stuff, but I just can't see where Rome is criticizing KW and/or his parenting. He made a quick harmless joke about the White Sox. Really, that's what the joke was about - how the WS can steal a win, so they had to have KW's kids do it for 'em.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well look at it this way.. how long has beane been stealing players from kw....too bad his kids didnt take a trip to oakland and steal a few back.......... :D a harmless joke is all.............nothing to get upset about.......

well look at it this way.. how long has beane been stealing players from kw....too bad his kids didnt take a trip to oakland and steal a few back.......... :D  a harmless joke is all.............nothing to get upset about.......

Right on, Michelle.