Wireless Network Question

SnB

Hopefully you guys can help with this one.

We have a wired network of 3 computers in my house w/ a regular linksys router. Now, my dad would like to use his wireless internet card for his work computer that he uses.

So is there something we can just plug into one of the ports of our regular router, so that he can get wireless internet for his computer?

Is that what a hub is?

Thanks for any help guys.

QUOTE(SnB @ Dec 18, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
Hopefully you guys can help with this one.

We have a wired network of 3 computers in my house w/ a regular linksys router.  Now, my dad would like to use his wireless internet card for his work computer that he uses. 

So is there something we can just plug into one of the ports of our regular router, so that he can get wireless internet for his computer?

Is that what a hub is?

Thanks for any help guys.

Just use a regular network cable and connect that port to one of the ports on a wireless router. Don't connect it to the wireless router's uplink port if you want the computers to be able to see each other.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Dec 18, 2005 -> 02:54 PM)
Just use a regular network cable and connect that port to one of the ports on a wireless router. Don't connect it to the wireless router's uplink port if you want the computers to be able to see each other.

oh wow, it's that easy?