Shopping for a Car

SoxFanForever

Hey guys, i'm currently pricing and trying to figure out what kind of car i'd like to buy. I'm trying to find a site with some decent classifides ad's and listings from dealerships. I have looked at autotrader.com and cars.com some and they are decent but I was wondering if anyone knew of any other site that might have a large variety or if there were any suggestions as to where might be better to look. Any ideas would be appreciated.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Feb 6, 2006 -> 03:02 PM)
Hey guys, i'm currently pricing and trying to figure out what kind of car i'd like to buy.  I'm trying to find a site with some decent classifides ad's and listings from dealerships.  I have looked at autotrader.com and cars.com some and they are decent but I was wondering if anyone knew of any other site that might have a large variety or if there were any suggestions as to where might be better to look.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

vehix.com

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 6, 2006 -> 04:04 PM)
Whatever car you decide on, and if you're going new, wait till March. Big incentives as they try to unload the rest of the '05's.

Actually, no, most dealers were more than cleared out of 2005's after the "Employee Discount Pricing" promos over the summer. There just isn't that much to clear out.

If you want to get the best deal, look at late model used cars(5 years old and newer.) The new car discounts killed the used market since last summer, and it's only now starting to turn for the better. Expect to get a better deal if you're buying Big 3 over foreign, simply because they're struggling whereas most foreign cars are doing fine.

As for where to look, AutoTrader.com and Cars.com are the best places to look for used cars, AutoTrader being better(but I'm just a bit biased because I work there lol). If you want new, go through the manufacturers sites-- they'll let you customize the model you want, then get price quotes from different dealers. Make sure to do your research on NADAGuides.com and Edmunds.com first, so you know what the going rate is beforehand.

Need any other car help, I'd be glad to oblige.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 6, 2006 -> 05:30 PM)
Just commenting on my experience. Lots of '05's left from what I've seen over the past few weeks.

Actually, I should clarify. Lots of 05's may be found at foreign car dealers, it's the American mfgr's that won't have many 2005's left.

There certainly will be exceptions to that rule as well. Some guys will have more 05's than others, i was speaking as a general rule is all.