Should the NCAA 3 point line be moved back?

42 members have voted

1. 1. Should the NCAA 3 point line be moved back?

• No, leave it as it is (19'9")
    • Move it back a little, to international distance (20'6")
    • Move it all the way back to NBA distance (23'9")

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 10:24 AM)
Well it would help teams big men could shot from 20-22 ft. Like in the NBA, I immediatly think of the Spurs (Duncan) and Mavs (Dirk). Both 7-footers who can shot from the outside

I missed that memo that (1) there are players like Dirk in the NCAA and (2) Tim Duncan has 20 to 22 foot range on his shot.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 09:24 PM)
Yes, Duncan can shoot from the outside, beyond the top of the key

He's made 22 3's in his entire career. I'd say outside shooting isn't his strong suit. He can hit jumpers, but they're usually only out to about the elbow.

Duncan's capable of hitting shots from 20-22 feet, but he doesn't have to be.  it's easy for him to get down low and take shots at a max of 15 feet.

Of course it is, just like for Dirk, although he can drive and has the ballhandling abilities of a point guard. Having a big man with outside shooting ability allows you to spread the floor better.

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 02:38 PM)
Of course it is, just like for Dirk, although he can drive and has the ballhandling abilities of a point guard. Having a big man with outside shooting ability allows you to spread the floor better.

Duncan can hit a jumper, but he's nowhere near as good an outside shooter as Dirk. He can probably hit the college 3's at an okay clip, but I doubt he could consistently go out much farther than that.

Regardless, those are still two of the best players on the planet and are much better than anyone you see in college. I could still count the big men in college with range anywhere near an NBA 3 on one hand.