6 +3 Dale Earnhardt Jr. 3226 -412 25 0 1 8 12

7 -1 Denny Hamlin* 3225 -413 25 2 2 4 13

8 -- Tony Stewart 3194 -444 25 0 2 10 14

9 +1 Mark Martin 3181 -457 25 0 0 5 11

10 -3 Jeff Burton 3179 -459 25 4 0 4 14

11 -- Kasey Kahne 3149 -489 25 4 5 8 13

It will be an interseting Chevy Rock and Roll 400 next Saturday

Gordon,Busch,JR,Hamlin,Stewart,Martin and Burton will all be sweating bullets

Mark and Jeff need to team up and hold off Kasey. I would like to see them both in the Chase.

I agree about the Golden Boys making the chase pleasing Nascar. Hopefully, they will not need to tweak the rules now that require that the #8, #20 and #24 always make the chase no matter what.

QUOTE(JoeBatterz @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 07:13 AM)
Mark and Jeff need to team up and hold off Kasey. I would like to see them both in the Chase.

I agree about the Golden Boys making the chase pleasing Nascar. Hopefully, they will not need to tweak the rules now that require that the #8, #20 and #24 always make the chase no matter what.

I am not sure how Stewart gets included in the golden boys. He is by no means a lock he could get a top 10 and still not make it.

QUOTE(Confederate_48 @ Sep 10, 2006 -> 11:30 AM)
I thought if anyone would fall out it would be Burton or Martin since they were 9th and 10th but for Stewart to miss the cut was a big surprise.

indeed. was on pins and needles the last 100 laps or so with the brake problems jr was having and how close it was from 6-10...

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting that JG's fuel pump died with 50 laps to go and that TS coasted across the finish line to win with no gas lol. I am so afraid of JB having something break on his car these last few weeks.

I like seeing JB add to his points lead!

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Oct 1, 2006 -> 05:30 PM)
Interesting that JG's fuel pump died with 50 laps to go and that TS coasted across the finish line to win with no gas lol. I am so afraid of JB having something break on his car these last few weeks.

I like seeing JB add to his points lead!

i was elated jeffy got the dnf. its a shame jr can't get a break. :bang i too am so nervous during the race for fear of something happening and it wont get any easier on me either... :wacko:

hopefully jr can do really well the next few weeks and reach the top. i doubt it though. will also be cheering on martin, hamlin, harvick and jeff b... :headbang

Prayers are needed for the officer seriously wounded while trying to stop a robbery at the speedway on Sunday night. The 2 suspects were arrested and charged with attempted capital murder. I was always concerned about security after a race ended seemed liked all the times I went to Dega that security was very lax after the race. It almost seemed like they were relieved that they made it threw the race weekend but security was always lax after the race ended.

:pray

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 09:34 AM)
That was better than the inital report I saw of either serious or critical.

Yeah it was serious I wasn't sure but no updates is usually a bad thing.

I can't wait for Phoenix race coming up I got my tickets this morning.

lol i was sooo pissed. was driving back home through ohio and indiana trying to pick up race on radio. lost the one station that had the race i was listening to right after jr. got his lap back. so i was happy that jr wasn't involved in the wreck, got his lap back and jeffy was involved. spent what seemed like hours trying to find another station with the race. finally found one just before jr passed busch (iirc) for lead. so was giddy like a school girl up until that last lap. couldn't believe vickers would do something that dumb...

funny seeing some of the quotes after the race. jeffy's whining and jr's response had me rolling especially the below quote...

"There is so much grip here, my mom could drive these cars. So there wasn't no way I was going to spin anybody out. But I guess it makes Jeff Gordon a little nervous," Junior said.

"I pushed (him) into the lead five times and every time I do that he complains that I'm bump-drafting him in the corners and blah, blah, blah. So I'm just not going to push him any more."