Rusty Tucker

JShBattier31

Anybody have any information on why Rusty Tucker was taken out of the Barons game vs Jax Suns today after only .2 innings of work? He started off fine, and I know he gave up 3 walks, but he had 2 outs already. Injury? If any one was listening to or at the game, it would be interesting to know since I know he's coming back from TJ.

QUOTE(JShBattier31 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 04:46 PM)
Anybody have any information on why Rusty Tucker was taken out of the Barons game vs Jax Suns today after only .2 innings of work?  He started off fine, and I know he gave up 3 walks, but he had 2 outs already.  Injury?  If any one was listening to or at the game, it would be interesting to know since I know he's coming back from TJ.

Just call it a hunch, but the 3 walks may be a clue.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 09:22 PM)
Just call it a hunch, but the 3 walks may be a clue.

Yea i guess they really wanted that win today. I just figured since he's one of the guys on the 40 man, they'd have a little more faith in him, but he is there to work on his control. I wonder how many pitches he threw.

QUOTE(JShBattier31 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 06:39 PM)
Yea i guess they really wanted that win today.  I just figured since he's one of the guys on the 40 man,  they'd have a little more faith in him, but he is there to work on his control.  I wonder how many pitches he threw.

He's still healthy, it was the walks that got him. I don't think the Sox think to much of Tucker at this point (in terms of the majors). IIRC, Kenny said they had pegged him as a guy who could make some changes to his delivery (basically developing a consistent release point) so that he could maybe help the team late this season (or more realistically next season).

Considering the arm injuries and loss of velocity he's suffered I'm sure the Sox are being very careful with him.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 11:05 PM)
He's still healthy, it was the walks that got him.  I don't think the Sox think to much of Tucker at this point (in terms of the majors).  IIRC, Kenny said they had pegged him as a guy who could make some changes to his delivery (basically developing a consistent release point) so that he could maybe help the team late this season (or more realistically next season). 

Considering the arm injuries and loss of velocity he's suffered I'm sure the Sox are being very careful with him.

really good to know! Thanks for all the input, I just helped with his rehab a couple years ago after he had TJ when he was on the Padres, so I've always kept up with him. Hopefully he pulls through