3B 0 0

HR 12 16

RBI 28 38

BB 42 27

K 39 56

OBP .420 0.385

SLG .544 0.571

OPS .964 0.956

Now Alex has the edge in RBIs, runs and HRs (not by much), but given the team he plays for has players that actually play O other than him, he gets far more opportunities to get RBIs.

The OPS and OBP are better or same for Frank

Frank has more walks, less strike outs and has had far fewer at bats (some due to the more walks, some due to the team not getting much O causing less at bats for everyone on the team)

In my opinion, Frank is not doing too badly with the bat, especiialy given he is just turning it around. If the other folks on our team pick their O up, Frank should be in contention for an A/S appearance. What do you guys think?

I know Alex has the great D to go with the O, but I want to see Frank given a fair shot at the A/S game this year

Frank v/s Alex Rodrigues

Year 2003

Avg .282                      .300

G 57                              60

AB 195                          233

R 26                              44

H 55                              70

2B 15                            15

3B 0                                  0

HR 12                            16

RBI 28                              38

BB 42                            27

K 39                              56

OBP .420                          0.385

SLG .544                          0.571

OPS .964                          0.956

Now Alex has the edge in RBIs, runs and HRs (not by much), but given the team he plays for has players that actually play O other than him, he gets far more opportunities to get RBIs.

Frank has more walks, less strike outs and has had far fewer at bats (some due to the more walks, some due to the team not getting much O causing less at bats for everyone on the team)

In my opinion, Frank is not doing too badly with the bat, especiialy given he is just turning it around. If the other folks on our team pick their O up, Frank should be in contention for an A/S appearance. What do you guys think?

I know Alex has the great D to go with the O, but I want to see Frank given a fair shot at the A/S game this year

Good post. Imagine Franks numbers if everyone else is getting on base for him constantly......just imagine.....

CWSOX45

Frank v/s Alex Rodrigues

Year 2003

Avg .282                      .300

G 57                              60

AB 195                          233

R 26                              44

H 55                              70

2B 15                            15

3B 0                                  0

HR 12                            16

RBI 28                              38

BB 42                            27

K 39                              56

OBP .420                          0.385

SLG .544                          0.571

OPS .964                          0.956

Frank's problem is that he has completely looked like a clueless hitter at times. He has been overmatched and then whines about not getting any pitches to hit.

Obviously he has made some adjustments, which is what we were hoping for instead of his whining. Frank's numbers are certainly respectable as he has heated up nicely. But there is still no comparison for the two players. Not now, and only somewhat based on the past.

Lastly, don't get too lost in OBP with your # 3 hitter. He needs to drive in runs and 28 in 61 games is not All-Star like for a player without a position.

Are you f***ing carazy:

1. A-Rod plays one of the toughest defensive positions and is one of the best at it. Leads the game in DP turned, has great range, great arm and only 3 errors whereas I can see Frank comitting 3 errors in ONE game one fine afternoon.

2. A-Rod is much faster than Frank, which not only translates to more SB, but also a ton of extra bases taken, runs scored and GIDP stayed out of....Do you think A-Rod having a whopping 18 more runs scored than Frank despite not having nearly the OBP is a giant coincidence?

3. f*** the SO, who cares how many times one strikes out, if one also slugs....f*** the OBP too- with Frank's speed he gets stranded at 1st second to none, Jose Valentin has more runs scored for crying out loud...No, driving in runs has been the biggest problem on this team. A-Rod has more RBIs and has been more clutch. "Its not what you hit, it's when you hit?" ever heard that?

4. A-Rod is only entering his prime and will some day drive in 170-180 RBIs if he ever develops an "eye" like Sosa did after turning 32. Frank is over the hill, a mental case.

CASE f***ING CLOSED.

Are you f***ing carazy:

1.  A-Rod plays one of the toughest defensive positions and is one of the best at it.  Leads the game in DP turned, has great range, great arm and only 3 errors whereas I can see Frank comitting 3 errors in ONE game one fine afternoon.

2.  A-Rod is much faster than Frank, which not only translates to more SB, but also a ton of extra bases taken, runs scored and GIDP stayed out of....Do you think A-Rod having a whopping 18 more runs scored than Frank despite not having nearly the OBP is a giant coincidence?

3.  f*** the SO, who cares how many times one strikes out, if one also slugs....f*** the OBP too-  with Frank's speed he gets stranded at 1st second to none, Jose Valentin has more runs scored for crying out loud...No, driving in runs has been the biggest problem on this team. A-Rod has more RBIs and has been more clutch.  "Its not what you hit, it's when you hit?" ever heard that?

4.  A-Rod is only entering his prime and will some day drive in 170-180 RBIs if he ever develops an "eye" like Sosa did after turning 32.  Frank is over the hill, a mental case. 

CASE f***ING CLOSED.

Brando, did we just agree??? How scary! LOL

I know your point was that Frank is having a good season, but comparing Frank to ARod is like comaring DLo to Soriano. ARod is the complete definition of an all-around player. He can hit for average, hit for power, drive in tons of runs, and is a Gold Glover year in and year out. The only reason hes not stealing at least 20 bases a season is that the Rangers wont risk getting him injured.

Edited by whitesox247

Are you f***ing carazy:

1.  A-Rod plays one of the toughest defensive positions and is one of the best at it.  Leads the game in DP turned, has great range, great arm and only 3 errors whereas I can see Frank comitting 3 errors in ONE game one fine afternoon.

2.  A-Rod is much faster than Frank, which not only translates to more SB, but also a ton of extra bases taken, runs scored and GIDP stayed out of....Do you think A-Rod having a whopping 18 more runs scored than Frank despite not having nearly the OBP is a giant coincidence?

3.  f*** the SO, who cares how many times one strikes out, if one also slugs....f*** the OBP too-  with Frank's speed he gets stranded at 1st second to none, Jose Valentin has more runs scored for crying out loud...No, driving in runs has been the biggest problem on this team.   A-Rod has more RBIs and has been more clutch.  "Its not what you hit, it's when you hit?" ever heard that?

4.  A-Rod is only entering his prime and will some day drive in 170-180 RBIs if he ever develops an "eye" like Sosa did after turning 32.  Frank is over the hill, a mental case. 

CASE f***ING CLOSED.

Brando, did we just agree??? How scary! LOL

I may be a stupid moron, but there is no need to rub it in, Rex

;)