Hey Ozzie - What's on your mind?

Al Lopez's Ghost

On the one hand you love the guy's fire... on the other you wonder if these tirades do more damage than good. I love the personality and character Ozzie brings to the table, but at some point you have to stop being a player and become a manager... that means acting like a professional. You can argue the same points that he did but in a different way - a calm, dignified way that brings credibility. What Ozzie does makes you sometimes think he might be full of crap. Seriously, when someone gets that heated and defensive it makes you wonder if he's really telling the truth. And he should've kept the comments about Mulder and Jon Henry to himself. No need for that at all.

QUOTE(FlaCWS @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 07:40 AM)
And he should've kept the comments about Mulder and Jon Henry to himself. No need for that at all.

I agree he should have kept quiet about Mulder since he grew up a sox fan and I would like to see him in a sox uniform sometime (if he ever gets his s*** together). But Henry was totally out of line when he accused to sox of cheating against the Yankees! First of all he shouldnt be commenting about on the field stuff and even more important if does want to talk about it is should at least be about his OWN team. I never heard Henry's commets until i read the article but it seems a little bush league.

Ozzie being Ozzie...they (other managers, owner) started and he is just replying.

When reminded that he is Venezuelan and not Mexican, Guillen paused.

''What's the difference?'' he said, laughing. ''No one knows the difference anyway.''

:cheers This is the most accurate statement done by Ozzie...How many times I heard here that Brazil speaks Spanish here in Texas? Still counting...

The other day was if Texas was bigger than Brazil.

Yesterday was if Brazil has beaches... :cheers