RYDER CUP

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 23, 2006 -> 11:12 PM)
WTF is the US' deal in the Ryder Cup? It's like Olympic basketball. All these guys (the US) win week in and out, and then when it comes to a competition like this, they just get flat out served.

Not much depth besides Woods, Mickelson, Furyk and DiMarco perhaps?

Looks like they are doing ok Saturday afternoon, they are up in 3 of 4 matches and square in the last one. They need to sweep this afternoon to have a chance tomorrow.

oh s***, I read it wrong. The US is down in 3 of 4. Yikes. It's over before we even get to Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...

The U.S was getting their rear ends handed to them by Europe when on paper the U.S had the much better team. This was the first year in awhile Europea arguably had the better team, so the result was inevitable to an extent.

On the other hand the U.S seemed to have gotten "it", the concept of team events last year at the Presidents Cup. There seemed to be much better enjoyment level, focus, team spirit, team unity. I was hoping that would carry over for the U.S to the event itself but it did not. I am Canadian and used to cheer for Europe since I like cheering for the underdogs, but now I cheer for the U.S since I am tired of seeing them mope around and underperform so much in this particular event.

Tiger Woods whether he is playing well or not seems to walk around with this glazed look in Ryder Cup action, so uncomfortable for some reason, dont understand it.

QUOTE(cuddlyboy26 @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 12:29 PM)
The U.S was getting their rear ends handed to them by Europe when on paper the U.S had the much better team. This was the first year in awhile Europea arguably had the better team, so the result was inevitable to an extent.

On the other hand the U.S seemed to have gotten "it", the concept of team events last year at the Presidents Cup. There seemed to be much better enjoyment level, focus, team spirit, team unity. I was hoping that would carry over for the U.S to the event itself but it did not. I am Canadian and used to cheer for Europe since I like cheering for the underdogs, but now I cheer for the U.S since I am tired of seeing them mope around and underperform so much in this particular event.

Tiger Woods whether he is playing well or not seems to walk around with this glazed look in Ryder Cup action, so uncomfortable for some reason, dont understand it.

That happened like 2 weeks ago