Sox Pride

letsgoarow

QUOTE(letsgoarow @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 04:56 AM)
for all of you who have been depressed at the start of the playoffs this year.......please put in your dvd labeled sox pride.... it will not only make you smile, but it will put you in a great mood.

and yes i did cry a lot during it

I thought this thread was about the Sox Pride Club, which turned out to be the biggest scam ever.

QUOTE(letsgoarow @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 11:56 PM)
for all of you who have been depressed at the start of the playoffs this year.......please put in your dvd labeled sox pride.... it will not only make you smile, but it will put you in a great mood.

and yes i did cry a lot during it

Thanks, I will do that. It will indeed make me smile but will make me cry at the same time!

QUOTE(max power @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 05:07 AM)
Would you be so kind to elaborate on why that is a scam? I never joined, though I thought about it.

Never got my code to purchase tickets for starters. From what I gathered it was not run by the White Sox but by mlb.com. The reason I say that is that everytime I tried to get my ticket code I had to go through people at mlb.com, I never actually got to speak with a representative of the White Sox. Also, my credit card was charged almost 3 months before my sox pride card actually arrived.

What jackie hayes said.

I got the membership card after about eight weeks, and the price of my MLB.tv subscription went down.

If I want tickets, I have a better connection than what they can offer.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 01:17 AM)
I wouldn't scare people off the Sox Pride thing. I joined just to get the online radio, and it's $5 cheaper than the usual subscription, so, at least for this year, I think it was worth it. That's saying nothing about the tix, I never used that.

Yeah, I also joined for the radio, but I did receive the code to purchase tickets. I also saw on a sox pride message board that some people bought tickets for the sox cubs game with that code and I thought it was sold out for months. So I don't how much of a scam it was...I don't think they made any promises that they didn't come through on...it was just a little promo...take it or leave it.