How dumb are Cub fans??

gosox41

So I'm reading the 'Other Views' section of the Tribune sports and naturally the Cub fans are out in full force on their managerial opinions.

Here's a sample of the first 2 letters:

1. First letter says "Lou Piniella...would be a company many who would not rock the boat....He would joing a long list of retread failures only the suits in Tribune Tower would hire."

Huh? Isn't Piniella a hard nosed guy who teaches fundamentals and won't put up with excuses and lazy play?

2. This is better. It's on why Joe Girardi shouldn't be manager- "This guy only hit like .254 and isn't qualified to be a manager." There you have it. Career batting average is a direct correlation to how good of a manger you'll be. I guess people missed Tony LaRussa's .350 career average.

I love it. I hope the Cubs hire Brenly becuase he won before. GIve any team 2 dominant starting pitchers, an average offense, a weak division, and a good bullpen and they probably can make the playoffs and win any short series.

Bob

How is this any different than Sox fans saying that Ozzie didn't have a high batting average, he wasn't a smart ballplayer and the such so he sucks as a manager? How is this any different than some of the irrational (as opposed to the rational, legitimate criticisms well founded in things like fact, logic and reason) ranting and ravings here about Ozz?

It's not.

Oh wait, this is the Cubs. I forgot.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Oct 14, 2006 -> 09:17 AM)
How is this any different than Sox fans saying that Ozzie didn't have a high batting average, he wasn't a smart ballplayer and the such so he sucks as a manager? How is this any different than some of the irrational (as opposed to the rational, legitimate criticisms well founded in things like fact, logic and reason) ranting and ravings here about Ozz?

It's not.

Oh wait, this is the Cubs. I forgot.

You're right it's not. Luckily, I don't recall any rants made here by myself regarding Ozzie. So I have no problem mocking other irrational rants inlcuding those of Ozzie.

Bob