ESPN Radio

clujer420

I was listening to Mike & Mike on the radio Monday morning, and they were discussing who should start the AS game for the American League. They (Greenberg, Dibble, and Salisbury I think) said that if they had to pick the starter now, Roy Halladay would be the guy, and that Loaiza is "having a good year, but not nearly as good as Halladay".

Let's just see...

Halladay... 11-2, 3.57 ERA, 125 hits, 121 IP (17 starts), 16 HR's allowed, 96 K's, 17 BB's, WHIP = 1.174

Loaiza... 10-2, 2.15 ERA, 78 hits, 100 1/3 IP (15 starts), 6 HR's allowed, 84 K's, 25 BB's, WHIP = 1.027

Better ERA by a ton, and about 50 fewer hits.

"Not nearly as good"...LOL.

I was listening to Mike & Mike on the radio Monday morning, and they were discussing who should start the AS game for the American League.  They (Greenberg, Dibble, and Salisbury I think) said that if they had to pick the starter now, Roy Halladay would be the guy, and that Loaiza is "having a good year, but not nearly as good as Halladay".

Let's just see...

Halladay... 11-2, 3.57 ERA, 125 hits, 121 IP (17 starts), 16 HR's allowed, 96 K's, 17 BB's, WHIP = 1.174

Loaiza... 10-2, 2.15 ERA, 78 hits, 100 1/3 IP (15 starts), 6 HR's allowed, 84 K's, 25 BB's, WHIP = 1.027

This is another example of why many Sox fans feel put down and put upon by the national media. Plus how could they make that kind of value judgement when the stats scream otherwise?

Dibble is a dumbf***(like two weeks ago when Frank was on his tear, he said that Frank has one of the quickest bats in the game for a big guy....Frank's bat is anything by quick, even for a big guy. He does swing hard, but a quick bat? Come on)

Salisbury? Like Sean Salisbury? The football guy? His opinion means s*** as far as baseball goes

Not sure who Greenberg is

Regardless....they're just flat out stupid. I personally feel that the pitcher who is pitching best as far as his career goes is the pitcher that should start the All-Star game. Derek Lowe started it last year, because he was pitching extremely well, and he was coming off a terrible year.

And what would be better then have Loaiza start in front of his home crowd?

I hope Scoscia shows some class and starts Loaiza. It would be too bad if he did not.

Dibble is a dumbf***(like two weeks ago when Frank was on his tear, he said that Frank has one of the quickest bats in the game for a big guy....Frank's bat is anything by quick, even for a big guy.  He does swing hard, but a quick bat?  Come on)

Salisbury?  Like Sean Salisbury?  The football guy?  His opinion means s*** as far as baseball goes

Not sure who Greenberg is

Regardless....they're just flat out stupid.  I personally feel that the pitcher who is pitching best as far as his career goes is the pitcher that should start the All-Star game.  Derek Lowe started it last year, because he was pitching extremely well, and he was coming off a terrible year. 

And what would be better then have Loaiza start in front of his home crowd? 

I hope Scoscia shows some class and starts Loaiza.  It would be too bad if he did not.

Mike Greenberg is actually a pretty good talk show host. I normally agree with his opinions, but on this one he is just wrong. And yes, Sean Salisbury the football guy.

I think Scioscia is a fair man and will give the deserving man the start. I mean, Loaiza can still have 4 bad starts, and Halladay could actually deserve it. Who knows what will happen, but I don't want Loaiza to start unless he deserves it. The "home field" thing shouldn't play a factor in it IMO.

I was listening to Mike & Mike on the radio Monday morning, and they were discussing who should start the AS game for the American League.  They (Greenberg, Dibble, and Salisbury I think) said that if they had to pick the starter now, Roy Halladay would be the guy, and that Loaiza is "having a good year, but not nearly as good as Halladay".

Let's just see...

This is another example of why many Sox fans feel put down and put upon by the national media. Plus how could they make that kind of value judgement when the stats scream otherwise?

Gammons on ESPN BBTN and Bobby V and Harold Reynolds all agreed tonight that Loaiza should start the all-star game. They showed some highlights and praised his pitching.

Let's just see...

Gammons on ESPN BBTN and Bobby V and Harold Reynolds all agreed tonight that Loaiza should start the all-star game. They showed some highlights and praised his pitching.

Another obvious example of Gammons hatred of the Sox!!

Let's just see...

Another obvious example of Gammons hatred of the Sox!!

Green is sarcasm.

There is a perception that Halladay has been better than Loaiza because he has won 11 starts in a row and he is doing it for a team competing with the Yankees and REd Sox. Conversely, Loaiza is "considered" the Sox #3 pitcher and has had his success almost in anonymity because the White Sox have not been winning.

When you look at the stats, you see that the reality of it is Loaiza has been better over the whole season. But I can see how the perception exists.

Obviously the comments were made by a bunch of guys who were talking off the top of their heads and not researching what they were saying. Sox fans shouldn't take it personally, they should just understand that the perception is there. And that the guys on the radio were wrong, but not anti-Sox.

Green is sarcasm.

Sorry, thought it was obvious enough, but your point is made. Consider my hand slapped.

Hey, I was slapping no hands. In fact, my hand should be slapped for not putting a smiley(like this one :) , or maybe this one :D ) in there.

I personally feel Gammons is an idiot, but I don't think he is biased against the Sox. I may not like some of the things he says about the Sox initially though, but it's not like I think he hates the Sox. He gives us credit where credit is due.

Smart? Hardly. He obviously does some very personal things to himself when he thinks about the Red Sox, but he doesn't not like the White Sox. Any idiot can be unbiased towards the White Sox though.

Let's just see...

That show sucks Greenberg sucked on the score and golic is terrible he knows jack s***

I love listening to Greenberg and Golic... They are a riot.

The perception thing mentioned earlier... These guys sit on the east coast and all they are concerned about this year is the AL East. And someone (Toronto) is threatening to make the Yankees/RedSox rivalry a moot point. So, yes they are definitely noticing Halliday.

Just to update on Loaiza's stats. 11-2, 1.99 ERA(no earned today), 108 IP, 84 hits, 90 K's, 26 walks and only 6 HR's. If he doesn't start it would be pretty sucky. He has been tearing it up all season. I think that Sciosicia will be fair and unbiased about it. Also, even if only for a brief moment, it was nice to see Harold Reynolds say that E Lo should start the AS game. Hopefully he does.

Someone should look at the run support given to Halladay by the O juggernaut called Toronto, ....on the other hand, Loaiza has been getting nothing from the Sox O

Man.....if the Sox O would even do half better than the 1st half in the 2nd half, this team could win the division easily