California-Carolina League All-Star Game

Rex Hudler

Here is a brief report on the four Sox prospects who played in the game tonight.

Ryan Wing - starting and winning pitcher. Pitched 2 innings and gave up no runs on one hit with 2 K's and 1 BB. Also hit a batter.

Kris Honel - pitched a hitless 7th inning with one walk. No K's No runs

Ryan Meaux (pronounced Moe) - Earned the save but gave up a bomb on his first pitch. Next guy reached on an error and was erased on a 6-4-3 DP. Meaux struck out the last batter to end the game and preserve the 5-3 win.

Ruddy Yan - Went 0-3.

I am sure Chisoxfn will give a more detailed report since he went to the game (unless plans changed).

A side note: I had heard Meaux was pronounced Moe but I assumed it to be incorrect. I always figured it for Mew. Guess I shouldn't assume.

Man what a blast the game is. I got tons of pictures and some footage of all our players in MPEG form.

First time i ever used a digital camera so I got to learn how to upload it. I'm going to try and set something up tonight and get things put together.

Damn was I impressed with Honel. Watching him warmup in the pen was sick. He can cut his fastball both ways and s*** what a knuckle curve. I also felt he had a pretty effective changeup.

I tried to get a picture of his grip on the knuckle curve but it didn't turn out too well. It was so sweet.

Ok, heres a picture I got of Honel and his knuckle curve.

I'm going to put something together either later tonight or tomorrow at the latest with all the graphics and a writeup on it at FutureSox and I'll post a carbon copy of it here.

Ignore this post, I'm going to make links below and go with that