Is Contreras Done?

shoota

QUOTE(WCSox @ Apr 7, 2007 -> 03:22 PM)
I have a better idea: Let's wait until Contreras sucks for a few straight starts. Or, better yet, TWO straight starts before declaring that he's done.

I never said he was done. In fact, I said the opposite.

QUOTE(shoota @ Apr 7, 2007 -> 01:53 PM)
I'm on record saying Buehrle or Garland should have been the Opening Day starter. I did not forecast Contreras's horrible line, but am willing to assume Buehrle or JG would have pitched better. If Buehrle pitches on Opening Day, he likely doesn't get hit with a liner off his pitching arm. Shoota = 1; Guillen = 0; Ozney = still hustlin' for that 250k+ salary.

Two of the three reasons I started this thread asking if Contreras is done are due to his archaic age and recent injury. Buehrle has neither of those characteristics, therefore no thread asking if his career is over.

Yeah, maybe Buehrle takes a shot in the noggin instead and dies on the field. You don't know. If that happens, I'm sure you're saying he should have put Garland out there instead.

I think Contreras pitches Sunday and it's on WGN so I'll get a chance to see Jose in action. I watched the FOX game and was surprised they showed the Sox and Twinkies. I'll tell you what Javier Vazquez was absolutley beautiful.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Apr 7, 2007 -> 10:21 PM)
I think Contreras pitches Sunday and it's on WGN so I'll get a chance to see Jose in action. I watched the FOX game and was surprised they showed the Sox and Twinkies. I'll tell you what Javier Vazquez was absolutley beautiful.

Danks is pitching tommorow...