4 out of 6

SoxFan1

We came in on a 3 game winning streak and lost the last game of the series. As we did in the Urinal. My question: Are you satisfied with 4 out of 6 against the Scrubs? Im satisfied but it would have been better to sweep at least one of the 2 series.

Can never complain of four of six.

The key is to keep it going and start hitting more consistently somehow.

I'm afraid the hitting thing is not gonna happen, however, though we have had some better

performances of late.

Today was not one of them, five hits? not good.

We don't seem to have the killer instinct to sweep a series.  They seem to be happy with 2 out of 3.  That's acceptable, but we really need to run off a long winning streak.

Agreed.

The offense is still struggling, and we have our hotter bats in Jose, Carlos, and Rowand, down at the end of the lineup.

My suggestion would be to have Rowand lead off, have Jose hit 2nd, and have Carlos hit 3rd.

Are you satisfied with 4 out of 6 against the Scrubs?

We should have swept them at the Urinal, winning the last game 3-1-ish if it wasn't for bad umpiring (Maggs call at 1st anyone) and couple of choke jobs with RISP.

BUT we also should have lost on Friday and Saturday- we got totally outplayed but thatnks to Shammy Choka and the Six-Fingered Wonder, we stole both.

And today, the way Wood was throwing that slider and the way we tried to do too much (I mean, Dauber and Rios have been around long enough to KNOW that sluve is pretty much un-HR-able and yet the better Wood threw it, it seems the harder they swung), we needed an excellent game from Loaiza to have a chance --and he responded by being merely OK, especially on that awful pitch to Alou....add to it Valentin's near-3-run homer...and the game was decided in the 7th.

In the end, 4-2 is WAY better than 3-3. I am peaceful and content...relatively speaking of course. ;)

If you would have told me 4 of 6 before this all started, i would have said i'll take it. I was pretty fearful of the Cubs series coming into it this year more than any. So winning both series is fine by me. Would i have liked a sweep? Ya. But it's damn hard to sweep a pretty good team.

As far as the hot hitters go, i think you could put either jose or aaron somewhere at the top, 1 or 2, esp if harris keeps struggling. However moving all 3 up would cause maggs to hit 5th...don't know how big a fan i am of that...and daubach, who's hot...6th? I'd give it some time before JM should tinker any more.

I'll take the 4 of 6.  We still have bragging rights, and have increased our interleague lead from two games to four!  This'll shut Cub fans up about who's the real b**** in Chicago.

Yes, as long as we can maintain that head to head advantage, we can always fall back on that after a bad series.