Rick White Stats

DonkeyKongerko

13.1 IP

2 ER

7 H

1 BB

7 SO

After a rough April and a HORRIBLE month of May, Rick White has finally got his fat, white act together.  He is my P2C for the 2nd half of 2003 and I think he will make KW look smarter every day that goes by.

Rick White was always a decent pitcher. Why is everyone so surprised?

13.1 IP

2 ER

7 H

1 BB

7 SO

After a rough April and a HORRIBLE month of May, Rick White has finally got his fat, white act together.  He is my P2C for the 2nd half of 2003 and I think he will make KW look smarter every day that goes by.

How do you spell "garbage time" in Swahili?

Couple of lucky line-drive DPs to SS with RISP and all of the sudden he is bee's kneees?

Couple of lucky line-drive DPs to SS with RISP and all of the sudden he is bee's kneees?

I'd rather have "couple of lucky line-drive DPs to SS with RISP" than bloopers and bleeders that go for basehits in the same situation.

He's a good pitcher, and he's starting to get it together. Good thing, too, because the Sox were only using Gordon, Marte, and Koch there for a while. That wouldn't bode well over the long-haul.

We need more guys to step up out of the pen, if they don't we are going to fry Marte, Gordon, and Koch's arms.

Definitely. White appears to be turning the corner, as does Koch. Hopefully Marte can return to his dominant form of earlier this season. Getting Glover some quality time would be a huge plus. Also, Kelly is due to return soon I believe, so he'll help too.

Definitely.  White appears to be turning the corner, as does Koch.  Hopefully Marte can return to his dominant form of earlier this season.  Getting Glover some quality time would be a huge plus.  Also, Kelly is due to return soon I believe, so he'll help too.

last I heard they were going to send Kelly out for Rehab before he comes back.

last I heard they were going to send Kelly out for Rehab before he comes back.

Yeah, I think I read that somewhere. But, if he's healthy, I don't look for him to spend too much time there. Probably just 2 or 3 outings, and if he's got good stuff, he'll be back with the squad.

I like Rick White and happy to see he is coming around and producing. It is a good bullpen with Koch (when he is on his game), Marte, Gordon and now White. White said some nice things about Glover, who along with Sanders is kind of forgotten. Wunsch will be back soon and I think Sanders should go down for regular work. I saw recently that manuel wants 12 pitchers, but I don't see why since our starters take us deep most all the time. That's why Sanders and Glover don't get any regular work.