Rios and Jimenez Sent To Minors

Chisoxfn

Trib reported that they were sent to the minors.  Does this mean they cleared waivers, if so I'm shocked that Jimenez made it and I'm happy we aren't losing him.

Are either one in a position where they can refuse the assignment and opt for free agency? Rios was signed as a free agent. If they stay I wonder if trading them isn't part of the plan anyway? Although maybe this will be a kick in the pants for Jimenez.

I think they both can do that. But if no one claimed them than I don't think they'd want to go.

In regards to Jimenez, I wonder if KW talked to him and said we want you here, we need you to work on somethings and you will be back up here.

Remember, Jose is going to be gone at the end of the season and Alomar may or may not be here.

They may also start concentrating on teaching him short, working on bunting, etc.

This is all just a guess, but I'd be shocked if no one claimed him, which is why I thing the Trib reported this wrong.