Recount: the movie

Gregory Pratt

Anyone seen it yet? It is a very entertaining movie about the recount.

My favorite book on the subject is called Divided We Stand: How Al Gore Won the Election and Lost the Presidency.

To this day, I don't think there's anything I've ever been more ashamed of watching than the Republican mob that stormed the voting center in Miami-Dade.

My favorite part of the movie was when the dems thought they had the right to guess which candidate was intended to be voted for on ballots that were punched incorrectly.

*for the record, I think that whole process was ridiculous and that process cemented my opinion that I think the government in this country has too much power. I just thought that part of the movie was funny.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ May 26, 2008 -> 05:56 PM)
It was so horrible that the election was stolen in 2000. Now we have Hillary getting the 2008 primary stolen form her. For shame United States, for shame.

And the right wing corporate media is in on the whole thing; just look at this horrible article.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/11/12/politics...8eb&ei=5070

For the record there is nothing in that article that shows that Bush really won the election. It only concludes that the decision the Justices made was not the deciding factor, but that the methods used by the Democratic lawyers cost Gore a chance of winning.

Now I dont really associate myself with either party. However, if I were to pick it would be the GOP. Just the thought of someone losing an election even though they won the popular vote is pretty frustrating. Whats the point of democracy if the peoples votes are second tier.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ May 26, 2008 -> 06:56 PM)
It was so horrible that the election was stolen in 2000. Now we have Hillary getting the 2008 primary stolen form her. For shame United States, for shame.

And the right wing corporate media is in on the whole thing; just look at this horrible article.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/11/12/politics...8eb&ei=5070

who said anything about that in the thread?