Rylan Reed, former Sox prospect

Just wanted to let everyone know what Rylan Reed is up to. He pitched in our system for a few years before going back to football, and has been Texas Tech's starting LT for a few years now.

Two years ago he set the school record with a 565 pound bench press. Then he got cancer, he overcame the cancer, then proceeded to break his leg in the Gator bowl this past January.

What has he been doing in the offseason? Not much, just upped his bench press to 625 pounds. :headbang

Anyways, just thought I would share, he's an amazing guy on and off the field.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 29, 2008 -> 10:14 AM)
Rylan is about 6'7 315 pounds now, which is especially impressive putting up 600+ at 6'7. Always wanted to see him and Brian West out there dominating on the mound with their size, but it never worked out on the mound.

What ever happened to West after he left LSU and returned to the Sox? Got any idea where he is now? Out of baseball, I presume. I remember he was actually a pretty good backup DE for LSU. Got some decent playing time on that National Championship team a few years ago.