Obama Waffles

Texsox

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080913/D93620600.html

Obama is portrayed with popping eyes and big, thick lips as he stares at a plate of waffles and smiles broadly.
[/color]

What was the quote? Yeah, A racist is someone who is winning a debate with a liberal :lolhitting

Were these sold at some obscure conservative event?

Republican Party stalwarts Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney were among speakers at the forum, which officials said drew 2,100 activists from 44 states.

Wearing white chef's aprons, Whitlock and DeMoss were doing a brisk business at noon Saturday selling the waffle mix to people crowded around their booth. Two pyramids of waffle mix boxes stood several feet high on the booth's table.

Not obscure so much as hypocritical and (hopefully) irrelevant. It was the Values Voter Summit, a Family Research Council-sponsored affair. At least a lot of "values voters" are out and out racists, which is more respectable than the closet racism that permeates much of the rest of society.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 07:40 AM)
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080913/D93620600.html

[/color]

What was the quote? Yeah, A racist is someone who is winning a debate with a liberal :lolhitting

Were these sold at some obscure conservative event?

I'd like to see the picture. Sounds pretty bad, but racism can be in the eye of the beholder. Remember when Time (or was it Newsweek?) "darkened" OJ's mug shot for its cover?

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 08:58 AM)
Yeah, that's pretty bad. The Aunt Jemima connection to pancakes and waffles doesn't help either.

In truth, I'm not particularly bent out of shape over it. It just strikes me as a bad attempt at cleverness that in truth is entirely a racial stereotype cheap shot. Waffling/flip-flopping has not been a particularly vocal charge against Obama the way it has against McCain this time around or Kerry 4 years ago. That being the case, the ONLY legitimate reason behind the parody is to go for the Aunt Jemimah joke.

At least these guys know the LCD of their target audience.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 08:12 AM)
In truth, I'm not particularly bent out of shape over it. It just strikes me as a bad attempt at cleverness that in truth is entirely a racial stereotype cheap shot. Waffling/flip-flopping has not been a particularly vocal charge against Obama the way it has against McCain this time around or Kerry 4 years ago. That being the case, the ONLY legitimate reason behind the parody is to go for the Aunt Jemimah joke.

At least these guys know the LCD of their target audience.

I find it more interesting that the organizers didn't send them on their way. That can't be good PR.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 09:31 AM)
I find it more interesting that the organizers didn't send them on their way. That can't be good PR.

No, they finally did, once the media coverage of the booth started. Alpha and KickA** talked about it on another thread.

Oh, well, right-leaning souvinir hunters can still satisfy themselves with those "Hottest VP from the Coldest State" convention buttons.

Those aren't at all sexist by the way, because. . . . well. . . uhm, just because.

:lolhitting