the crowd was great Monday tonight

cwsox

I think this needs to be said.

I am really stunned to see the accusations against the crowd tonight. It was one of the best on top of everything aware involved crowds I have ever been in.

Since I was there for 7 hours from when gates opened to when we left, too miuch happened to recapitualte and I'm too tirewd and too stunned to think that the crowd is being trashed for being fantastically on top of everything.

The people there came to see batting practice and a home rund erby and paid what, $40-$60-$80 face value and more resale just to see these things - you ahd the purists and the stats people and all the real baseball fans and they were on top of every action that happened.

Good night; I can't believe the crowd is being criticised.

Nobody here is criticizing the crowd. It was the local and national radio media that I heard talking bad about the crowd. I know you were there in person and you probably take it personally, but don't. We're not knocking you.

I am not taking it personally.

Why do our own fans beleiev this s***? CK I love you bro and you know it - but I am pissed at this stuff being reported.

If the exact same thing took place at wrigley the praise would be ecstatic for the great evening at the shrine of baseball. It happens at the Cell and we are trashed.

What the f*** has to happen before we get good press? Tonight could not have been more splendid. What the f*** does it take for us to get good press? What the f*** does it take for our own fans to stop assuming the worst and stop believing the cub media who who know lies about what happens in our park? When the f*** do we get the accolades when we exceed everything and bring home a perfect night?

were there alot of sox fans in attendance? i heard the HR derby was a good show

yes a lot of Sox fans there

some cub fans

fans from every other team based on what was being worn

most people there sox fans cheering lustily for everything

I had no use for the derby prior to its start; I was there only because it was part of the all star experience and I got caught up in it's excitment, it started slow (Sheffield couldn't hit until almost the end of his at bat in round one) but it got electric as it moved along

it started slow (Sheffield couldn't hit until almost the end of his at bat in round one) but it got electric as it moved along

This is also what it sounded like to me watching on tv. I don't know where people got the idea that the crowd wasn't into it. Especially when Giambi was trying to tie Pujols in the semis and when Pujols was chasing Anderson in the finals. The crowd was loud, on their feet, and into it. I'm sure the crowd will be even more enthused for the actual game because "this time it counts"... ;)