After this weekend ...

Guest JimH

I will be greatly disappointed if, after this weekend, the Sox aren't 1 game under .500 and 5 games back of KC.

KC is in Seattle, you'd like to hope Seattle can take 3 of 4.

Similarly, the Sox "should" take 3 of 4 vs. Detroit.

That puts the Sox one game under .500 and 5 games back.

Anything less ... heads should roll. If KC goes into Seattle and wins 3 of 4, there's nothing we can do about it. The Sox really need to start picking up a game per series. They cannot rely on taking 10 of 13 from KC ... that's wishful thinking, considering how they've done against them so far this year.

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong...but the Sox are 4 under now. If they take 3 of 4 from Detroit, the 3 wins would put them 1 under, but then the loss would put them back to 2 under...right?

I'm not trying to be a pain, because I agree whole-heartedly with your point. The Sox have to dominate this next homestand to have any shot.

Let's get it started tonight guys, kill the kitties!! :bringit

The Sox are 5 under at 44-49. A sweep of the Tigers would put us at 48-49, 1 game under .500. We are also 7 games back. If KC is swept, we are 3 games back. If KC loses 3 of 4, we are 4 out. They split, we are 5 out....etc. I think you get the picture.

I'm about ready for Colon to just blow the f***ing Tigers away tonight. I'm sick of this horses*** organization and their way of playing down to the competition. There is no f***ing reason this team isn't 15 games over .500 right now. We've seen how this team can play(their stretch against the Cubs and Twinkies).

I gotta think that Manuel, going into the DRays series, said something like "OK, these guys are worse then our AAA team, let's just go f*** around and dick around, and see if we can make it interesting." There is nothing else I can think of for why we would lose 5 of 6 to the worst teams in the AL.

I will be greatly disappointed if, after this weekend, the Sox aren't 1 game under .500 and 5 games back of KC.

Prepare yourself for a 6-8 run through July.

.500. A little bit over or a little bit under is all you're going to get with JM at the helm. Some of us here must be the only ones that see that.