Frank Thomas

johndyce

Originally posted by cwsox

i always thought Frank was good on the bases - slow the last few years, but good.  CLee is always an adventure.

Suffice it to say neither Frank nor Lee is going to set any baserunning records,but at least Frank can use some sense when on base,Lee on the other hand,is a bull in a china shop.

I remember Thomas costing us two runs in the Tampa Bay series in back-to-back games, I believe. The Sox website did an article on how Caballo met with Thomas after the game and told him to slide next time. The words that I'm sure came out of Thomas's mouth at the time were "You dumb motherf***er...you're telling me to slide when you are the worst f***ing baserunner I've ever f***ing seen in my life. You douchebag." He then told the media "He was being ignorant. He's not that good on the basepaths either" or something to that extent.

Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Sad part is, if thomas goes, we need dumbass Caballo's bat and have to deal with his little league fundamentals. 

Thomas isnt much better on bases. Wait, yeah he is, and that's not saying much. 

Wasn't Big Frank hung out to dry a time or two by the great one Wavin Wally, the worst friggin 3b coach I ever saw?

Originally posted by witesoxfan

I remember Thomas costing us two runs in the Tampa Bay series in back-to-back games, I believe.

I kind of thought that was more of a Waving Wally thing.

I would have loved to have heard Frank mentoring CLee that way!

Originally posted by SI1020
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Sad part is, if thomas goes, we need dumbass Caballo's bat and have to deal with his little league fundamentals. 

Thomas isnt much better on bases. Wait, yeah he is, and that's not saying much. 

Wasn't Big Frank hung out to dry a time or two by the great one Wavin Wally, the worst friggin 3b coach I ever saw?

Now that I think about it, thats exactly what happened. Frank was hung out to dry by a mile thanks to waving Wally, not as much in thanks to his poor baserunning.

Thomas is decent, not as bad as Lee.