8/9 Games

flavum

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 12:56 PM)
I’m incredibly excited about this. He’s going to be our next big thing very soon. If he has a good start I’d give him a 40-45% chance of making a start for the Big League Club before Peavy gets here. If he wobbles a bit, I’d give Egbert the higher percentage.

Egbert's not even in the discussion.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 02:13 PM)
Egbert's not even in the discussion.

I’m not hearing much talk, but he is pitching well, and the timeframe matches. Regardless, I’m sure we’ll find someone adequate. With Hudson pitching tonight, it makes the memories of our best pitching prospects being Broadway, McCulloch, Russell and Egbert all the more surreal.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 01:40 PM)
Hudson is done. Better luck next time.

Well I think his early starts at W-S and B'Ham weren't great and he immediately turned it around, so I'm not going to worry so much. Perhaps he knew he was auditioning for the big leagues in his next start, which he WAS, with Torres and now Count peeing their pants respectively.

I think I'd like to see Torres ONE more time. He had a full 6 days rest last night (hadn't pitched since Saturday the 1st) and was perhaps a bit too rested, which could have contributed to all the high pitches early in the game, and the general wildness and overthrowing that seemed to be evident.