Thome with a minor left foot injury

joeynach

Per Rotoworld:

"Jim Thome will have Monday off after aggravating his left foot during Sunday's game.

Carlos Quentin or Scott Podsednik will DH. Thome appears to be day-to-day."

Source: Chicago Sun-Times

I would be downright shocked if he just missed a game or two. Ill set the over under for games missed because of this injury at 3.5. What u taken?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 07:03 AM)
Sure this is most likely very minor but another reason I worry about signing him over Dye next season. The guy is on the field a total of about 5 cumulative minutes per game and still gets injured.

Yeah, I agree. He's also nothing more than a late-inning pinch hitter in interleague games.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 11:21 AM)
Yeah, I agree. He's also nothing more than a late-inning pinch hitter in interleague games.

With no other move, we're way too righthanded at that point. Perhaps we can convince Kotsay to come back with a semi-platoon offer.

I figure if the Sox traded Rowand for Thome, they were willing to look past his uselessness in IL and WS games. So if they cut ties with him now, it'll be solely due to age and his HR/walk predictability.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 10:00 AM)
With no other move, we're way too righthanded at that point. Perhaps we can convince Kotsay to come back with a semi-platoon offer.

I figure if the Sox traded Rowand for Thome, they were willing to look past his uselessness in IL and WS games. So if they cut ties with him now, it'll be solely due to age and his HR/walk predictability.

My best-case scenario is Kenny signing Hank Blalock and letting both Thome and Dye leave as FAs. But with the recent financial commitments to Peavy and Rios, I don't see it happening. They need to spend on the bullpen before anything else.

Having Thome's left-handed bat for one more year would be nice, but this lineup desperately needs to get younger.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 12:19 PM)
My best-case scenario is Kenny signing Hank Blalock and letting both Thome and Dye leave as FAs. But with the recent financial commitments to Peavy and Rios, I don't see it happening. They need to spend on the bullpen before anything else.

Having Thome's left-handed bat for one more year would be nice, but this lineup desperately needs to get younger.

I love the thought of Blaylock, but then the chain of events to follow would push another lefty bat out - Getz

Although it's gonna be all the rage next offseason to get something for the Cuban Miss-SS-ill, as in his misses at SS make me ill.

I will be here all week.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 11:31 AM)
Although it's gonna be all the rage next offseason to get something for the Cuban Miss-SS-ill, as in his misses at SS make me ill.

I'd move him back to 2B before I put him on the trading block. He's lost a lot of value over the past 5 months and we're going to need to keep these young-ish guys around.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 01:31 PM)
I love the thought of Blaylock, but then the chain of events to follow would push another lefty bat out - Getz

I will be here all week.

I find him to be intriguing too but I'm not sure if he can play 3B as a full time player anymore. Having him and Konerko as our 1B/DH wouldn't be so bad.

I will be here all week.

Blalock is lefty too.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 05:46 PM)
Thome has had this foot problem earlier as well as back spasms. My guess is one or two games max and he is back at DH

Ok then over/under number of games until the next minor injury that keeps him out for a series........13.5??