I have great news!

Bighurt52235

I was just sitting here, and then the telephone rings. It was my mother, saying she had gotten a hotel in Seattle this weekend! I will be at the Saturday and Sunday games! Yipee! I'm thoroughly excited, because I haven't been to a MLB game since October, 2001. I believe Colon and Buehrle will be starting in those games against Ryan Franklin and Gil Meche. It should be great!

I was just sitting here, and then the telephone rings.    It was my mother, saying she had gotten a hotel in Seattle this weekend!  I will be at the Saturday and Sunday games!  Yipee! I'm thoroughly excited, because I haven't been to a MLB game since October, 2001.  I believe Colon and Buehrle will be starting in those games against Ryan Franklin and Gil Meche. It should be great!

How is great news for us? lol

Actually If the White Sox make a move before the trading deadline for a starting pitcher, that is who you could see make their White Sox debut on Saturday.  How sweet would that be!!  I've heard good things about Safeco, except that there fans are a bit weird.

Please elaborate on the weird part...

I have never been there personally, but my father takes frequent business trips to Seattle and has attended a couple Mariners games. He said the fans aren't very vocal one way or another. They kind of just sit there and watch the game. I personally prefer a more boisterous crowd like you'll frequently find on the corner of 35th and Shields.

I have never been there personally, but my father takes frequent business trips to Seattle and has attended a couple Mariners games.  He said the fans aren't very vocal one way or another.  They kind of just sit there and watch the game.  I personally prefer a more boisterous crowd like you'll frequently find on the corner of 35th and Shields.

Whoa. This surprises me. I always thought Seattle has the best and one of the loudest crowd. I live in their FSN zone, so I watcxh their game every night. Almost every single game they get over 40,000. They surpassed the 2 million mark over the weekend. Last night, a Tuesday, with the Tigers in town, they got over 37,000. They come out and they support. I was at Game 5 vs. the Indians in 2001, and I've never been a part of a more electric crowd. It was incredible. I wish we had something like that in Chicago.