Dan Wright

Jordan4life_2003

I hope u guys just don't give up on this guy and brand him a useless pitcher. It is frustrating with him. He's got great stuff but always falls into the same old traps. Both Hawk and DJ mentioned that Danny has to throw 5-7 pitches to a hitter a lot of the times. I noticed that when he had guys down 0-2, 1-2 that he couldn't put em away. He's done that a whole lot since he's been with the team. And he has to realize he's not a finesse pitcher. He's a power guy. When u got guys down blow their ass's away. And he always seems to not be able stay away from that big inning. When teams get to him they really get to him. But with all that he's still a young guy with good upside. Just don't 100% give up on him yet...

I watched on WGN hoping to see a continuation of the Sox winning ways, but it never happens for me. The team goes on a winning streak and when I get to see a game they lose. Tonight it was not pretty. Danny does exactly what you mentioned. Everytime he is going 5-6 and 7 pitches to a hitter instead of coming right after them. He is supposed to have good stuff, but I didn't see it tonight. I am supposing he gets another crack at it, but all in all we need someone else in the 5th starters position. Maybe Danny's injury has left him behind in his development this year, I just don't know, but 0-5 is not acceptable when we are fighting for a championship.

I watched on WGN hoping to see a continuation of the Sox winning ways, but it never happens for me. The team goes on a winning streak and when I get to see a game they lose. Tonight it was not pretty. Danny does exactly what you mentioned. Everytime he is going 5-6 and 7 pitches to a hitter instead of coming right after them. He is supposed to have good stuff, but I didn't see it tonight. I am supposing he gets another crack at it, but all in all we need someone else in the 5th starters position. Maybe Danny's injury has left him behind in his development this year, I just don't know, but 0-5 is not acceptable when we are fighting for a championship.

I agree. Maybe that injury he had set him back some. But at this point unless we bring Cotts up what other options do we have? :huh: