Hey Mario

Iwritecode

You had to know this was coming sooner or later. Been bowling lately? :D

I took last winter off but bowled in a summer league. We finished .5 games out of first. Damn short season! :mad: I was sluffing a little and only ended up with like a 190 average. We just started our winter league a few weeks ago. I sandbaged the first week to keep my average down. Then the second week I shot a 630 so it shot up to a 197. So much for sandbagging... I think I'm around a 194 right now. Too early to even look at standings.

I didn't bowl at all in the summer.

I'm taking a different approach to bowling, don't try.

I try to win and all taht stuff, but towards of last year, I made up mind that I wasn't going to swear or punch anything anymore. whether I shoot good or bad, just stay relaxed. and since then it has worked.

My average so far this season is like 178. I still don't have a high average, but I'm making all my games count. whenever I throw a really bad game, we usually end up winning by a lot, so I'm cool with it.

Originally posted by Molto

I didn't bowl at all in the summer.

I'm taking a different approach to bowling, don't try.

I try to win and all taht stuff, but towards of last year, I made up mind that I wasn't going to swear or punch anything anymore.  whether I shoot good or bad, just stay relaxed.  and since then it has worked.

My average so far this season is like 178.  I still don't have a high average, but I'm making all my games count.  whenever I throw a really bad game, we usually end up winning by a lot, so I'm cool with it.

Interesting approach. I guess it's the same as "don't think about it too much". If you go up there and start thinking about everything you are doing then you try to over-correct and end up screwing everything up. I wouldn't worry about having a real high average. When you do that you lose all your handicap. I know there's some nights where I wish I had a little more.

I'm not worried about improving or anything, just bowling and winning.

like you said, handicap or not, you are still contributing the same amount.

there are too many guys out there who spend their life on this game. I bought a ball about 2-3 years ago for $240. I still have it and have these "proffesionals" telling me I need a new ball. Just cause they spend their whole damn paycheck on it, doesn't mean I will.

Originally posted by Molto

I'm not worried about improving or anything, just bowling and winning.

like you said, handicap or not, you are still contributing the same amount.

there are too many guys out there who spend their life on this game.  I bought a ball about 2-3 years ago for $240.  I still have it and have these "proffesionals" telling me I need a new ball.  Just cause they spend their whole damn paycheck on it, doesn't mean I will.

I dont bowl on a leauge (no time) but I do enjoy bowling a lot & when I'm in practice I can average 180 or so.