Sun-times article Interesting quotes.

RedPinStripes

Click me

Thomas continues to work out daily in Las Vegas and, according to Williams, he again will work with hitting guru Walt Hriniak. The two worked together before the 2000 season, when Thomas had 43 home runs and 143 RBI and just missed out on MVP honors.

As for the apparent strained relationship between Thomas and his general manager, Williams isn't worried it will be a distraction.

''Frank and I are not going to have any social conversations on a friendship level, and I'm not sure it has to be that way,'' Williams said. ''We have business decisions to make, and those affect personal relationships. Ultimately, he has to respect that I have a job to do and I have to respect the fact, along with the manager and coaches, what he has accomplished.''

Originally posted by RedPinStripes

KW just showed how much this wasnt his choice . 

I don't think this is the first time KW made his opinion known on what he wanted to do/happen with Thomas in the offseason. The fact that KW dislikes him on a personnal level is enough for me to want to see Thomas have a monster year.

Am I the only one who liked these quotes. To me it looks like KW is inserting himself and actually being a man. I don't know if he actually will follow what he's preaching, but he's basically saying we may not be best friends, but that doesn't mean we can't have a good professional relationship, and thats what its all about.

Thomas is going to have a monster season, I don't doubt it, and I'm exstatict that we have him back.

I always said I'd like to see a way for the Sox to get Frank back, but not necessarily, keeping him for a ton of years, while we wait and see what we have in Lee as well as Borchard.

Hopefully Lee doesn't go anywhere. Right now, he's our best option in left, cause with Rowand a big ?(Mainly cause he never has started a full season) then its good to have some consistency in guys like Frank and Caballo, PK, and Maggs, even Manos, cause you don't know what you get out of Crede, Rowand, Jimenez, and Olivo.

You can only have so many young guys playing together and compete and right now I think the Sox have that perfect mix.