Carlos Lee

whitesox247

Heres some situational stats...

Batting 2nd: 25 games, 9 HRS, 25 RBIs, .315 AVG, .342 OBP, .954 OPS

Batting 5th: 40 games, 5 HRS, 27 RBIs, .282 AVG, .335 OBP, .790 OPS

Batting 6th: 38 games, 10 HRS, 25 RBIS, .260 AVG, .308 OBP, .808 OPS

From the second spot, he has the same number of RBIs as batting 5th or 6th (with alot less ABs), a much higher OBP, and an OPS of more than 100 points better. Carlos is obviously on fire hitting 2nd and JM should definately keep him there for the rest of the season. :headbang

I'd like to think you are right, but I want to see him hit there more before making judgement. He could just be on a hot streak. Imagine if JM moved Maggs to the 3 spot in July, everybody would be saying. "Keep Maggs at the 3 spot, he hits better there!" Personally I don't buy the fact that hitters hit better or worse depending on where they are in the lineup. They could get better run production because of the guys around them, but I don't think a player will actually hit for better power or average depending on where he hits in the lineup. This is either a hot streak or Carlos coming into his own.

And overall Carlos has been great for us the whole season. Alot of pop in the bat, and one of our biggest run producers. Hes much improved in defense and not making as much dumbass plays. Sometimes he gets hidden in Frank and Magg's spotlight and doesnt get the credit he deserves. Carlos is a much better player overall, and I think hes gonna continue to improve. :headbang

Ok Heather, what do I get for that post? :lol: :lol:

I've always been a believer in Carlos ... and have said on many occasions that this will be his break out year. I believe this season qualifies as such. One other note on Carlos, when the team was really struggling to score runs, Carlos seemed to pick up his game a notch, extra hustle, trying to take the extra base or make the great play to give the team a spark.

I've always been a believer in Carlos ... and have said on many occasions that this will be his break out year.  I believe this season qualifies as such.  One other note on Carlos, when the team was really struggling to score runs, Carlos seemed to pick up his game a notch, extra hustle, trying to take the extra base or make the great play to give the team a spark.

Agreed. He's been playing with a lot of emotion this year, which is a tribute to how hard he's worked on his game. He wants a championship NOW, since we surely have the tools to get it. I'm seriously thinking he'll even step it up greater than he already has!