BA

LDF

again those bastards didn't answer any of my questions.

but here is one on the sox and i am debating on the others.

Josh from Chicago asks:

Is Jeremy Reed as good as he's shown this year or is he a bit old for A and AA? Has he vaulted ahead of Joe Borchard, and does he remind you of Mark Kotsay in his skills?

A: Will Kimmey: If he was a little old for high A, he answered questions by continuing to hit well after his promotion. In the last prospect pulse, Reed was the call over Borchard for prospect maven Josh Boyd. And I agree with him on most stuff aside from music and favorite baseball team. The Kotsay comparison probably works offensively, a guy who can hit for a nice average, adding a decent number of steals and maybe 10-15 jacks. Defensively, Reed isn't quite as solid or as good a CF as Kotsay. But he's an improvement over running Carl Everett out there. He should be the odds-on candidate for that gig next spring.

again those bastards didn't answer any of my questions.

but here is one on the sox and i am debating on the others.

Josh from Chicago asks:

Is Jeremy Reed as good as he's shown this year or is he a bit old for A and AA? Has he vaulted ahead of Joe Borchard, and does he remind you of Mark Kotsay in his skills?

A:  Will Kimmey: If he was a little old for high A, he answered questions by continuing to hit well after his promotion. In the last prospect pulse, Reed was the call over Borchard for prospect maven Josh Boyd. And I agree with him on most stuff aside from music and favorite baseball team. The Kotsay comparison probably works offensively, a guy who can hit for a nice average, adding a decent number of steals and maybe 10-15 jacks. Defensively, Reed isn't quite as solid or as good a CF as Kotsay. But he's an improvement over running Carl Everett out there. He should be the odds-on candidate for that gig next spring.

Q: Alex Pedicini from Cape Cod, Massachusetts asks:

What is wrong with Joe Borchard? He is putting up very dissapointing numbers, especially since he was rated as the White Sox's number 1 prospect. Does he still have a shot at a starting job next year?

A: Will Kimmey: The K's are the biggest part of it, and he's not really a CF, which makes it hard to crack the Sox lineup with Carlos Lee and Magglio Ordonez already out there. He's another former QB stalling in Triple-A because of plate discipline. See Drew Henson and Kenny Kelly as well. I think those guys lost some time developmentally by not playing baseball only and then were rushed through a bit because of their age and maybe even to justify their large bonuses in the cases of Borchard and Henson. I feel Jeremy Reed has a better shot at being the CF in Chicago next year, and Borchard either makes the club as an extra OF or gets a new home

hey rex................ :D

Q: Rex from Birmingham, AL asks:

How can Neal Cotts not be getting a little more respect? He wasn't even mentioned on the Prospect Hot Sheet last year despite dominating in his previous three outings. He has since added another. His numbers for his last 4 outings are: 27.1 IP 9 H 5 ER 9 BB and 28 K. He has allowed only 62 hits in 106.1 IP on the season and has cut his walk rate way down from earlier in the season. His 131 strikeouts and .170 Opponents average shouldn't hurt him either. How is that not even good enough for the Other Prospects to Watch section of the Hot Sheet?

A: Will Kimmey: Realize the hot sheet has just 12 spaces and their are nearly 3,000 players in the minors. He's getting love, I've personally written about the guy four times since the season started.