RATE MY TEAM

witesoxfan

Figured I'd start a super-topic instead of having these burst into random threads throughout the board. Feel free to add your teams in here too.

---

Anyways, just finished up a draft for a $50 league. I did OK but I missed out on a couple of the receivers I really wanted by about 4 picks (Ocho went 4 picks ahead of me, Manningham went 1).

Standard scoring, H2H, non-PPR, 16 roster spots, 9 active (1 QB, 2 RB, 1 RB/WR, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST)

QB - Rodgers, Fitzpatrick

RB - Mendenhall, Blount, Greene, Tolbert, Ricky Williams

WR - Harvin, Collie, Evans, Mike Thomas, Amendola

TE - Gates, Celek

D/ST - Jets

K - Gostkowski

The Collie pick was rushed - that was when both Ochocinco and Manningham went off the board - so I went with Evans as a potential sleeper candidate in Baltimore and Thomas as a somewhat safe pick 2 rounds later. Amendola was actually my last pick, somewhere around 184, so considering that I was relatively happy with it. I liked the Gates pick, though I wish I would have drafted a receiver with that pick and waited for Finley, who was available at my next selection, but I'm OK with that.

I already have someone talking to me about wanting Shonn Greene and he has decent depth at receiver (Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, Stevie Johnson, Mario Manningham, and Braylon Edwards) and not a ton at RB (Turner, Best, Starks, Spiller, Jennings, and Dixon). My initial thought is to propose Mendenhall and Collie/Thomas/Evans for Best and Stevie Johnson/Bryant/Manningham, but I haven't done anything yet.

soooooo...thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

I actually like your team quite a bit. Obviously very strong RB with some potential at WR, but it works out ok since you have the elite pass catching TE in the league. If that team stays healthy, you should be looking pretty.

Here's what I just drafted earlier today. H2H, standard points:

QB Mike Vick

RB Michael Turner

RB Shonn Green

RB/WR Tim Hightower

WR Dwayne Bowe

WR Anquan Boldin

TE Antonio Gates

D/ST Packers

K Vinatieri

Bench includes Lance Moore, Ronnie Brown, Darren Sproles, Danny Amendola, Rashad Jennings, Larod Stephens-Howling and Kevin Kolb.

I was very happy with the draft.

• 2 weeks later...

QB Matt Schaub

RB Chris Johnson

RB Matt Forte

RB/WR Jeremy Maclin

WR Andre Johnson

WR Dez Bryant

TE Jason Witten

D/ST Steelers

K Nate Kaeding

Bench:

Anquan Boldin

Kellen Winslow

Marshawn Lynch

Jay Cutler

Reggie Bush

Roy Williams

Lions D/ST

Last year I did a poor job of mixing up my bye weeks and wasn't really paying attention to what I was doing. I think it was week 8 I got hit hard. I lost by like 100 points that week.

This is the first year I've ever, ever, EVER even looked at the Lions D on the board without laughing, but their D should get a lot of sacks and turnovers and plus it's just my bench D, the Steelers, Packers, Ravens, or Bears are the ones you want to be starting with if you can. I love how I got Chris Johnson and AJ on the same team somehow. They underproject the s*** out of Cutler and nobody wants him anyway. Roy Williams is a flyer, if he does something he looks like a starter, if not then I'll probably never use him anyway.

Was able to make some trades and now my team is absolutely stacked. 12 team league, standard scoring

QB Vick

RB Rice

RB MJD

WR/RB Hester

WR VJax

WR Bowe

TE Gates

D/ST Packers

K Janikowski

Bench: Cards D/ST, Lance Moore, Ronnie Brown, LaRod Stephens-Howling, Fred Jackson, Mike Thomas, Darren Sproles, Rashad Jennings

Sproles, Hester, and LSH are more intriguing because we also get a point for every 25 kick and punt return yards.