Mike Sweeney

BrandoFan

Word been going around last year that the kind of back-n-neck/neurological Sweeney struggled with can become chronic. There is a higher chance Jeremy Reed's wrists heal.

Even after a hot streak, it's clear Sweeney power is ZAPPED.

Do you actually consider the Royals a threat still

Not if Sweeney isn't 100%

Remember, they are missing Graffanino and Berroa just came back from DL in a horrible shape. Gonzo has yet to get hot and Santiago/Stairs can be dangerous when in the groove. Harvey is having a beak-out season.

I am not sure if you remember but May-Anderson-Affeldt-Gobble have been pretty good in 2003 and was before fences were moved out. Sullivan and Lescanic are underachieving and McDougal just came back,

Angels started out 2002 at 6-16 and won 100+ games in a much tougher division.

If Royals get healthy and start clicking, their GM gets a starter and a closer at the Break. It's not inconceivable for them to win 85-90 games if they catch a break health-wise. I've seen weirder things happen in baseball.

Which is why I hope they dig themselves a DEEEP hole and start selling at the Break -- we have a lot of games against them in August and September, so naturally I wish they be as weak as possible, hopefully rebuilding by then.